Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resume Fails

* You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)
    -D53S0519- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (90 seconds remaining until timeout)
    -D53S0519- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (30 seconds remain

This is the message i got when i tried to resume a movie download. I was already downloading the second part at the same time, so shouldent my client already been set to receive?
    Or is is because u cant download 2 movies at the same time (both were on the same server).

2) If you are able to download 2 files at the same time, how do you do that. Do they have to be on the same server or can u connect to another server without the first file gets disconnectet.

Thanx :helpsmile:

After searching the net i found out there is nothing to do.

But how about my second answer, does anybody know.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    not sure about your first question, but yes-you can download 2 files at the same time, but they usually have to be from different servers. When dlding the 1st file, just open a new connection (this leaves the download going) and start dlding your 2nd file. If you try it from the same server, it'll usually say something like You can only have one transfer at a time and put you in the queue. But from 2 different servers-no problems so far.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks for the answer

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by werdims@8 January 2004 - 23:02
    * You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)
    -D53S0519- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (90 seconds remaining until timeout)
    -D53S0519- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (30 seconds remain

This is the message i got when i tried to resume a movie download. I was already downloading the second part at the same time, so shouldent my client already been set to receive?
    Or is is because u cant download 2 movies at the same time (both were on the same server).

2) If you are able to download 2 files at the same time, how do you do that. Do they have to be on the same server or can u connect to another server without the first file gets disconnectet.

Thanx :helpsmile:

After searching the net i found out there is nothing to do.

But how about my second answer, does anybody know.
    hi, since ur 2nd question is already answered, i'm gonna attempt the first

anyway, ur situation is similar to another fella who posted earlier about this problem. look over here...

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=92193

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    1) well we need to straight some stuff first before i can help you , b/c i went thro the same sh!t for some time and I tried all possiable solutions u could ever imagin but i finally got my problem kind of solved lol

* you can normaly start downloading most files and everything runs smooth.
    * you can NOT resume files that u started downloading and the dcc screen stays on "Requesting Resume" but then nothing happens.

if thats what happening then there is some stuff we need to try ..

1) you are behind a firewall which is possiable to block the direc dcc connection to ur IP. and if so u may try to disable ur firewall. and i dont think that would be it if ur running a decent firewall. and if ur running XP make sure the built in firewall is disabled

2) you are behind a NAT (which was my problem by the way) .. if u r so .. then may be ur router isn't configured to forward the connctions for mIRC ports and thats why it would be blocking ur resuming thing .. i know it wouldnt sound perfect but believe me thats what i had ..
    you may try using another port than 6667 (i've read that many ppl face alot of problems on it) so try using another other port .. recommending 6666 or 7000
    use the command
    /server irc.anyservername.com:6666
    i couldnt reconfigure my router b.c it didnt have the option so i changed my default irc port in the dcc options and all went well i can resume now except on ports 6667,6668 .. some servers dont connect to any port but 6667 so u will have to take the risk by then
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2) you should be able download 2 files on the same server without any problems BUT mostly and thats i think around 99% you cant download 2 files from the same Bot b.c mostly all bots dont allow it .. so u will have to wait till u finish the first one then u can download the other file if it is in the same bot

hope that was helpful .. goodluck

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hi guys, thanx for the reply.
    I am behind NAT, but i cant make port farward, because i dont know exactly what kind of router i have(i think its cisco).

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    humm so it is NAT ..
    and none of the ports you are able to resume using it ? u should try any port
    from 6666 to 7000 may be u will have one for now till u be able to forward ur router ports

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Yeah unfortunatelly it is nat, i can download but not resume, what the hell, maybe i just have to live with that.
    I still think i get movies faster with mirc than kazaa lite.
    :beerchug:

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    if u cant open some ports for mirc on ur router .. have u tried connecting thro diff ports ?
    or u can try changing the dcc ports if u know any already open ports on ur router

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    lipo
    What? Resume? Mine doesn't and it is the latest version. I /ctcp a server and i get into a queue and almost immediately as enter the file begins to dl it times out and thats it. I'm left with about 14kbs of a 202mb file. My dl rate on klite resurrection is 1.4 - 3.5 kb/s. Is it because of my slow connection speed? : Is there a better irc client than the latest? Also, what is BitchX used for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast