Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suprise In Local Music Shop!

internet.news
    I went to a local CD store some time ago and there was something new:
    No, no, RIAA Agent controling...

There was a PC standing there, were you search through CDs and listen to
    the Music, but you only here the first few seconds of the music.

But anyway: a great progress!!! But the best would be - in many CD stores there
    are CD Players you can listen fully to a CD

2. Music   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Do you not have listening posts? We have them in most stores in England where you can listen to any CD you like.

3. Music   -   #3
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    We have CD shops here (California) which will open any CD in the store and let you listen to it - that's right, walk up to the front counter and give them the CD you want to hear, and they will open it and place it in a player, hand you a set of headphones and you can listen until your heart is content.

I've seen the same thing in Europe and in South America.

CC

Edit: By the way, what does Nuremberg have to do with this topic - is that where you live? Great place - I've been there many times - how I miss the ChistKindlesMarket and a nice Brat......oh yes, and some Gluwine!

4. Music   -   #4
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, that's like the listening posts here. They normally only have 8 or so albums on the post at one time, but if you ask at the counter they'll put on anything you like if they.ve got it.

However, when I used to work in record shops we used to get regulars who'd ask you to put on about 5 albums, hog the post listening to them for two hours and then buy nothing. They'd do this every day if you let them... :music1:

5. Music   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@8 January 2004 - 22:21
    We have CD shops here (California) which will open any CD in the store and let you listen to it - that's right, walk up to the front counter and give them the CD you want to hear, and they will open it and place it in a player, hand you a set of headphones and you can listen until your heart is content.

I've seen the same thing in Europe and in South America.

CC

Edit: By the way, what does Nuremberg have to do with this topic - is that where you live? Great place - I've been there many times - how I miss the ChistKindlesMarket and a nice Brat......oh yes, and some Gluwine!
    Yeah we have the same thing in Austria, you just take the csds you want and you can listen to them as long as you want

btw CC nothing beats the Christkindelmarkt in Vienna, have you been there too?

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. Music   -   #6
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Unfortunately no, Benno, I have not been there........but it is on my list of places to see / visit.

How is the Bratwurst there?

CC

7. Music   -   #7
    Lick My Lovepump
    I've seen them when I went over to America. In record stores they have a little touchscreen PC and you can select any album in the shop and listen to it on a pair of headphones.

8. Music   -   #8
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@8 January 2004 - 23:21
    uhmmmm............. yeah............... dunno if its a big deal, but here (Holland) weve had that since we have cd stores............
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

9. Music   -   #9
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    That's all tooooooo old peeps

10. Music   -   #10
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@8 January 2004 - 23:26
    How is the Bratwurst there?

CC
    Its the best

though i dont know the one from Nuremberg

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast