Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    you never said ken, ken?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by SensualGardening@9 January 2004 - 18:12
    Scottish Art.
    Scotland arse

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam+9 January 2004 - 19:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam @ 9 January 2004 - 19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening@9 January 2004 - 18:12
    Scottish Art.
    Scotland arse

[/b][/quote]
    i resent that comment. ken?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by Spider_dude+9 January 2004 - 18:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider_dude @ 9 January 2004 - 18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam@9 January 2004 - 19:19
    <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening
    @9 January 2004 - 18:12
    Scottish Art.

Scotland arse

i resent that comment. ken? [/b][/quote]
    ken&#33;

and like I said I&#39;ll be as scottish as I wanna be adn my typinfg a;llow s me to be

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Scottish Ballet.

Interview with Claire Robertson, soloist at the Scottish Ballet.

Claire is very busy working on Scottish Ballet&#39;s new production of The Nutcracker, but luckily we managed to grab her for a few minutes in between rehearsals.

1) Do you have a favourite web site?

I’ve only just recently got a lap-top, so haven’t used it much. I tend to only use it for emails at the moment.

2) What is your favourite ballet? Or role?

Out of the pieces I have performed in, I always try to find something out of them to make it my own. This means that no matter what I dance, I enjoy trying to bring something personal to the character. The first full-length role I danced with the Company was The Gypsy Girl in The Two Pigeons, which was a real highlight for me. I also really enjoyed dancing in the recent Autumn programme and am looking forward to The Nutcracker.

3) How do you relax away from the studio?

I like to relax by pampering myself; having a massage and going for a sauna. I also like having a nice meal and a glass of wine (or two&#33 with friends. I find that clubbing is a good way of letting myself go.

4) What was the last film you saw? Did you enjoy it?

The last film I saw was My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I really enjoyed it as it was so funny and easy to watch. It’s the kind of film that you can just stick on and have a really good laugh.

5) What is your favourite meal/type of food?

I eat anything from a good old Sunday roast to a spicy South American dish. I really like Thai Fountain and Cottiers.

6) Do you find it easy or difficult to get out of bed in the morning?

I find it very difficult to get out of bed, especially in the winter as it’s so cold in Glasgow.

7) What made you take up dance as a career?

I always wanted to be a dancer right from when I was a child. I used to dance about all the time to pop music when I was young and couldn’t wait to be able to go to full-time college to study dance. I was inspired by the films Fame and Flashdance and actually choreographed a routine to Flashdance whilst at the Brownies&#33; I’m so pleased that I am able to do something that I love for my career.

8) Which is your favourite ballet company? – aside from Scottish Ballet of course&#33;

I enjoy watching a wide selection of dance. I am very open-minded and feel that you can learn a lot from viewing different companies and observing each ones&#39; own style.

9) What is or has been your favourite venue to perform in?

I like performing in Glasgow as it’s home, but the stage at Edinburgh Festival Theatre is fantastic to perform on because it is the biggest the Company tours to. I particularly remember performing in Sintra with Carmen as the stage was outside and you could see the mountains. Dancing under the stars was such a different experience. I really enjoyed the intimacy of Tramway as we were so close to the audience, which allowed you to enjoy the atmosphere.

10) What is your greatest extravagance?

Probably shopping&#33;

11) What was it like working with the painter Peter Nardini?

I really liked the paintings he produced as they weren’t posed as he had music playing in the background and I improvised the movement as I wished. This meant that they weren’t static and captured the essence of dance. He was a easy person to work with and I’m looking forward to working with him again soon. He had an exhibition of the paintings on recently and he was really pleased with the outcome as it was a great success.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Scottish Poetry.

A single quaver
    of loosening ice
    extends across the silence,
    revives the air
    with the almost forgotten song
    of snow melting to water
    and of water flowing
    to reaffirm
    as winter’s claw