Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copying Dvd's

Hello, I am thinking about getting a DVD burner and i was wondering how long would it take to copy a DVD???? Will it take hours or minutes. Thank you.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    depends on the speed of ur dvd burner and ur blank dvds

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    actually it doesnt matter , dvd's aint shty but movies on cd-r's r da best

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@9 January 2004 - 03:49
    actually it doesnt matter , dvd's aint shty but movies on cd-r's r da best
    Really, why is that anyway?
    I just want to know because I was saving my pennies for a DVD R too but if that's the case I'll just buy a DVD rom and get x-tra shit faced this weekend.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by THE DUDE+9 January 2004 - 03:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (THE DUDE @ 9 January 2004 - 03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZeroTolerance@9 January 2004 - 03:49
    &nbsp; actually it doesnt matter , dvd&#39;s aint shty but movies on cd-r&#39;s r da best
    Really, why is that anyway?
    I just want to know because I was saving my pennies for a DVD R too but if that&#39;s the case I&#39;ll just buy a DVD rom and get x-tra shit faced this weekend. [/b][/quote]
    easy

because dvd-r cost to much and cd-rs are basically free if you turn in your rebates.
    and you have to buy dvd-r all the time and buy a dvd -burner and cd-r&#39;s movies can show the same quality or about the same quality as dvds

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Click on my KVCD Guide link below on how to burn KVCD format to your CD-R and play through DVD player. Quality is pretty good.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by downloadgeek@9 January 2004 - 04:46
    Hello, I am thinking about getting a DVD burner and i was wondering how long would it take to copy a DVD???? Will it take hours or minutes. Thank you.
    Personally, I would wait until the dual-layered burners are released this spring. Most DVD movies are DVD-9 (approximately 7.95 gigabytes) while most DVD±R/RW blanks are DVD-5 (4.38 gigabytes). You&#39;ll have to do some shrinking or copy everything to two DVD±Rs. BTW, prices of blank DVD±Rs are under a &#036;1.00 when you buy in bulk.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    With a 4X burner like most are now it&#39;ll take about 15 mins. There are some about now that burn +Rs (not -Rs) at 8X.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@8 January 2004 - 20:48
    Personally, I would wait until the dual-layered burners are released this spring. Most DVD movies are DVD-9 (approximately 7.95 gigabytes) while most DVD±R/RW blanks are DVD-5 (4.38 gigabytes). You&#39;ll have to do some shrinking or copy everything to two DVD±Rs. BTW, prices of blank DVD±Rs are under a &#036;1.00 when you buy in bulk.
    i wouldn&#39;t go so far as to say most, &#39;cause plenty of single layer discs and "flippers" (double sided) still do come out. with double sided discs, you can just copy each side onto a dvd-r, though you&#39;d usually only want to copy one side (the widescreen version) since the other side is typically a pan/scan version.

and then with a lot of dual layer dvds, it&#39;s just a matter of only copying the film and leaving out the extra features.

i&#39;d say that most dvd movies don&#39;t require any video re-encoding to fit them onto dvd-r&#39;s, at least. so i think single layer dvd burners are still a fine investment, at the moment, if you&#39;re willing to make some compromises once in a while (i.e. leaving extra features out, occasionally re-encoding a movie, etc).

but yeah, when dual layer burning becomes affordable, that&#39;ll definitely be the way to go... there&#39;ll be no hassles involved with copying any and all dvds with one click.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    A direct Copy and the fly is impossible to do with DVDs coz of the copyright protection crap

so the best thing to do is get DVD shrink copy it too your HD and burn as DVD video with Nero it will be the exact copy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast