Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I Buy A Tv Tuner Card

Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    The quality of the picture you can record on your PC will depend on your PC specs, unless you buy a TV card that has a bulit-in encoding chip.

To record at dvd quality you will need digital tv input and a processor higher than p4 1.8 Ghz or Athlon 2000+.

I have two pinnacle tv cards and record all my tv progs. on my pc's, it has made the vhs recorder obsolete
    Robert00000

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@8 January 2004 - 21:58
    im not sure wat an aerial is, but yes if u buy a tv tuner u can watch vhs movies on ur pc, or convert them...thats wat i do, although the quality isn't something great like dvd rips its pretty nice for old VHS tapes to VCD
    "aerial" is a british term-- in the u.s. we call it an antenna.

seems like a lot of people have problems tuning with antennas on capture cards though. it's prolly best to use the signal from cable/satellite television, or if you don't have that then try using something like a VCR as the tuner. a coaxial signal amplifier/booster might help in some cases, too.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Yeh I brought a TV tuner card, it was fuzzy when running off the aerial, so I had to buy a booster it now is perfectly clear and it is good watchin TV on me 22inch monitor with remote control

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    Any of you guys recommend a good card?I want to capture some paramount comedies like becker etc from sky satalite to avi at least 5xx x 2-3xx resolution.My specs are no probs ,i know what all the connectors and things are i want to know a card that do produce decent quality.Tnx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12