Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cooling

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    ok cool i kinda liked that one better

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    well i just checked my mobo and it does have a little thin peice of metal in the back showing it would be removable so i think that would mean its standard atx which means i don't havee to worry about a new mobo right now?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    if u need a new mobo, my experiences may help:

the SOYO Dragon models are good (plan some research into which 1 u want tho)

the DFI LanParty boards are good (p4 needs the pro875-b, AthlonXP could use nforce2[not sure. any1 here athlon proficient?])

I personally find DFI to be very well made, but soyo has some features that DFI does not have (some boards have AGP-Pro, which is semi-useless rite now). However, the DFI Boards come with the Genie BIOS Overclocking system (a p4-2.4A can run at 24 x 132 = 3168 mhz MAX (which is awesome). a p4b can go even higher (18*199= 3582mhz MAX NOT RECOMMENDED!!!)

and they all come with a full complement of SATA, RAID, and colorful (or white) PCB

Id say, go with DFI Lanparty (cuz they also come with an addin front panel and rounded UV-Reactive cables and UV-Reactive plastics on the board and it just looks plain cool and it supports 400mhz-533mhz-800mhz fsb meaning that u can still use ur old 1.8ghz p4 400fsb chip (must be 478 pincount lol&#33

gogle it, and when u find the DFI Main Site, look for model # pro875-b for the P4s

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Duffman3@10 January 2004 - 05:25
    well i just checked my mobo and it does have a little thin peice of metal in the back showing it would be removable so i think that would mean its standard atx which means i don't havee to worry about a new mobo right now?
    It may or may not be "standard" atx layout, but as long as you can transfer that backplate with the motherboard you should be ok.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Also, on the DFI, they are great, great overclockers, high quality, lots of extras, but, their expensive as a result.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234