Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox And Ps2 Emulator's!

Poster
    I was just wondering if ther were any PS2 or Xbox emulators out there?

- im guessing that there isnt, because of the sophistication involved in creating such an emulator.

and before you state " try searching"

... i already did, i just wanted to see if ther was any progress since then

results on the search engine

2. Games   -   #2
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by dray_02@9 January 2004 - 06:59
    I was just wondering if ther were any PS2 or Xbox emulators out there?

- im guessing that there isnt, because of the sophistication involved in creating such an emulator.

if they even do you need probally like an alienware to play it or something

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Monkeee+9 January 2004 - 07:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkeee @ 9 January 2004 - 07:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@9 January 2004 - 06:59
    I was just wondering if ther were any PS2 or Xbox emulators out there?&nbsp;

if they even do you need probally like an alienware to play it or something [/b][/quote]
    lol, r u serious?

surely PS2 and Xbox consoles cant be that high tech. can they? why would we need beasty machines?

In terms of computer specs could sum1 tell me the specs of a PS2 and Xbox.

e.g P4 2 gz
    gf 4 mx 440

lol jk (i think )

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    uhh you do need a pretty high end machine to run ps2 or xbox emulator...consoles are made solely for gaming so it runs it fine

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by dray_02@8 January 2004 - 23:11
    surely PS2 and Xbox consoles cant be that high tech. can they? why would we need beasty machines?
    emulation requires a lot of overhead-- it is usually a huge waste of power, so the machine running the emulator needs to be significantly faster than the one it&#39;s emulating, to make up for the waste.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    oh ok

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+9 January 2004 - 08:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 9 January 2004 - 08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@8 January 2004 - 23:11
    emulation requires a lot of overhead-- it is usually a huge waste of power, so the machine running the emulator needs to be significantly faster than the one it&#39;s emulating, to make up for the waste. [/b][/quote]
    Indeed&#33; even GBA emulators need decent(ish) computers to run properly and look at the specs of a GBA&#33;

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by Gooch2k+10 January 2004 - 12:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gooch2k @ 10 January 2004 - 12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@9 January 2004 - 08:38
    <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02
    @8 January 2004 - 23:11

emulation requires a lot of overhead-- it is usually a huge waste of power, so the machine running the emulator needs to be significantly faster than the one it&#39;s emulating, to make up for the waste.
    Indeed&#33; even GBA emulators need decent(ish) computers to run properly and look at the specs of a GBA&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Very true....thats why they say for example you will never see either a Dreamcast/PS2 or Gamecube emulator for the Xbox..because games for these consoles have so much coding in them and written specifically for that console that the Xbox would pretty much cough & splutter when trying to re-interpret the code and play the game....if it was maybe half a dozen times faster than it is now you might be in with a shot.........as for Xbox emulators for the PC, there is only one at the moment &#39;Xenium&#39; and the only game that runs is Halo may as well buy the PC version
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha&#33;&#33;

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    PS2:

CPU
    CPU: Toshiba, Sony
    Typ: Emotion Engine
    Takt: 295 MHz

Graphic engine:
    Sony
    Graphics Synthesizer
    147 MHz

Memory
    36 M
    RambusDRAM
    400 MHz

Graphic
    640x480 - 1280x1024
    Pixel: 64 Bit
    Pixel/Sec: 1,2 G/s

Sound
    Channels: 48+ ADPCM
    Dolby Surround, Dolby Digital, DTS
    Procesor: SPU

-----------

X-Box:

CPU
    Intel
    Pentium III
    733 MHz

Graphic engine:
    nVidia
    XGPU
    233 MHz

Memory:
    64 M
    DDR-SRAM
    200 MHz

Graphic:
    720x560
    Pixel: 32 Bit
    Pixel/Sec: 3,7 G/s

Sound
    Channels: 256
    Dolby Digital 5.1
    Processor: APU

--------

Source: e-lation.net
    Visit e-lation.net for more specs and emulation stuff B)

--------

PCSX2 [v0.5] is the best avaible PS2 emulator you still can&#39;t play comercial PS2 games on your PC with it.But I belive that the guys who are devolping PCSX2, will release a working PS2 emulator (someday ...)

10. Games   -   #10
    Lick My Lovepump
    Hey, I thought that Xbox&#39;es has Celeron processors, not P3s??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast