Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Small Hd

Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by GCNaddict+9 January 2004 - 20:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GCNaddict @ 9 January 2004 - 20:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jibbler@9 January 2004 - 09:19
    What did you think was inside the Ipod?
    ipods have laptop hdds (i think) [/b][/quote]
    I just been googling and found that Hitachi hard drives are going to be used in mini iPods. Its 4gb, so maybe it&#39;ll be something like that above.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by GCNaddict+9 January 2004 - 15:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GCNaddict @ 9 January 2004 - 15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jibbler@9 January 2004 - 09:19
    What did you think was inside the Ipod?
    ipods have laptop hdds (i think) [/b][/quote]
    Special laptop hard drives at that, and the specific kind they get, no one else gets. Apple pretty much has that drive cornered, so other MP3 hard drive players have to go to other people to get small hard drives.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    As HDDs are particularly sensitive to knocks and bumps, doesnt that make the ipod very fragile in that respect? What about potential magnetic interferance? I assume its sheilded?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    my ques is how come that small hard drive will only be like 4 gigs??? when they already have SD cards that are a gig. couldnt they make that mini hdd bigger?&#33;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    I recall seeing something like this about 3 years ago, and they were talking about 40GB capacity. It was rumoured that they&#39;ve managed to get things this small by "stealing" Swiss watch technology.

Perhaps the Swiss have objected which is the cause of the delays. I can&#39;t remember the manufacturer in the original article, so it may not have been Toshiba.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@9 January 2004 - 19:12
    As HDDs are particularly sensitive to knocks and bumps, doesnt that make the ipod very fragile in that respect? What about potential magnetic interferance? I assume its sheilded?
    Erm, their not exactly that vulnerable. You have to shake the hell out of a IPod, to get it to skip in the least.

As for the sheilding, good question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12