Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking...

i need some help overclocking my 667 Intel Pentium processor. Please dont give me some stuff about safety of melting my cpu cause i dont really care, its a pos anyways . I need to know how to get started and some possible software etc... I cant access anything in BIOS to chane fsb or cpu speed or anything. My friend told me that you could do it through windows. Im running XP by the way.

EDIT: also, anybody know a prog to find your mobo (motherboard) type? need this stuff urgent
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Aida32 will tell you all you need to know about your system specs.
    I think your friend is mistaken, I have read of a few very new boards which support on-the-fly clocking from within Windows, but yours is almost certainly too old.
    If you can't do it from BIOS then you are SOL buddy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    softfsb lets you change the FSB on some motherboards, you'll have to check its FAQ to see if you're supported
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Neither of those progs worked, it hangs every time i change the fsb. Nothing has worked so far. Maybe my cpu is too old to be able to do this...? Does any know any other programs i could use, or something to flash my bios and what not. I have a GVC DR-742E mobo, i cant access their site for some reason.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@12 January 2004 - 06:50
    Neither of those progs worked, it hangs every time i change the fsb. Nothing has worked so far. Maybe my cpu is too old to be able to do this...? Does any know any other programs i could use, or something to flash my bios and what not. I have a GVC DR-742E mobo, i cant access their site for some reason.
    GVC... aren't they the shit that goes inside Packard Bells?

I have a couple of questions
    - What do you mean neither program worked? AIDA32 tells you what hardware you have, it doesn't change any settings.
    - How on earth can overclocking be an urgent requirement?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Smurfette+12 January 2004 - 11:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 12 January 2004 - 11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@12 January 2004 - 06:50
    Neither of those progs worked, it hangs every time i change the fsb. Nothing has worked so far. Maybe my cpu is too old to be able to do this...? Does any know any other programs i could use, or something to flash my bios and what not. I have a GVC DR-742E mobo, i cant access their site for some reason.&nbsp;
    GVC... aren&#39;t they the shit that goes inside Packard Bells?

I have a couple of questions
    - What do you mean neither program worked? AIDA32 tells you what hardware you have, it doesn&#39;t change any settings.
    - How on earth can overclocking be an urgent requirement? [/b][/quote]
    where did he say it was an urgent requirement?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@9 January 2004 - 01:16
    ... I cant access anything in BIOS to chane fsb or cpu speed or anything. My friend told me that you could do it through windows. Im running XP by the way.

EDIT: also, anybody know a prog to find your mobo (motherboard) type? need this stuff urgent
    where did he say it was an urgent requirement?
    See?

I can&#39;t believe that Aida32 causes your system to "hang", BTW.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    he says he needs the info urgent....meaning as quick as possible, not urgent requirment

lool like your only option left is to upgrade....i dont know too many program out there that let you change your fbs in windows. i dont even know who made you motherboard

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@12 January 2004 - 07:50
    I can&#39;t see the CPU being too old.The problem is in the motherboard.It just doesn&#39;t support overclocking.I have an intel celeron 300A(circa 1998 maybe) in my wifes computer and it is overclocked to 375 mhz.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast