Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp Home Or Xp Pro

windows xp home came with my new computer but i also have xp pro. what should i use? its a hp a320n. when i decide to clear the my HD will it start back up with xp home? just incase i put on XP pro and do like will i be able to get back home? becasue my pc didn't come with an XP home cd.
    thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Use Windows XP Pro Corporate with SP1 is the best

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by scottwile@9 January 2004 - 14:15
    windows xp home came with my new computer but i also have xp pro. what should i use? its a hp a320n. when i decide to clear the my HD will it start back up with xp home? just incase i put on XP pro and do like will i be able to get back home? becasue my pc didn't come with an XP home cd.
    thanks
    Your comp came with one of those gay ass recovery discs?..those are the worst type of comps available...youll have endless trouble if any thing fucks up on the comp as there customer service is non-existent...Go with XP Pro

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by scottwile@9 January 2004 - 00:15
    just incase i put on XP pro and do like will i be able to get back home? becasue my pc didn't come with an XP home cd.
    thanks
    once you delete your recovery partition your 'XP home' is gone forever, along with any progs that came pre-installed

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III+9 January 2004 - 02:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DVD PIRATE III @ 9 January 2004 - 02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scottwile@9 January 2004 - 14:15
    windows xp home came with my new computer but i also have xp pro. what should i use? its a hp a320n. when i decide to clear the my HD will it start back up with xp home? just incase i put on XP pro and do like will i be able to get back home? becasue my pc didn&#39;t come with an XP home cd.
    thanks
    Your comp came with one of those gay ass recovery discs?..those are the worst type of comps available...youll have endless trouble if any thing fucks up on the comp as there customer service is non-existent...Go with XP Pro [/b][/quote]
    not true. mine came with 1 and i got a DELL. its got 1 of the best customer service.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    my computer has a whole drive - d:/ my d drive is a entire recovery drive, that must have xp home on it?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by scottwile@9 January 2004 - 01:34
    my computer has a whole drive - d:/ my d drive is a entire recovery drive, that must have xp home on it?
    you do indeed, but is still physically one drive b and :c

(I&#39;m no good at explaining this somebody else can do it better)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by 3223+9 January 2004 - 15:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3223 @ 9 January 2004 - 15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@9 January 2004 - 02:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-scottwile
    @9 January 2004 - 14:15
    windows xp home came with my new computer but i also have xp pro. what should i use? its a hp a320n. when i decide to clear the my HD will it start back up with xp home? just incase i put on XP pro and do like will i be able to get back home? becasue my pc didn&#39;t come with an XP home cd.
    thanks

Your comp came with one of those gay ass recovery discs?..those are the worst type of comps available...youll have endless trouble if any thing fucks up on the comp as there customer service is non-existent...Go with XP Pro
    not true. mine came with 1 and i got a DELL. its got 1 of the best customer service. [/b][/quote]
    Anything with a gay ass recovery partition that doesnt come with the original XP cd is shit...You wont get any customer service when you ring up microsoft support is what I mean..
    You can ring Dell all you want but thjey wont tell you shit and youll end up like my mate having to send his comp away to get fixed at some astronomical price....
    Yes he had a gay ass Dell

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    With dell you get a recovery disk. With a hp you only get a recovery partition in fat32

And yes go with xp pro...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Another reason NOT to buy a brand name pc.

Anyways reformating on a brand name pc is not a good idea because you&#39;ll have a hell time with drivers I think.
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast