Thread: What Is Udf Format

hi guys
    back with a doubt
    i just wanna kno what is UDF ???
    can I burn my cd using any s/w that provides this format?( i think it has a lot of scope for multi session)u can probly write more using this format even if u have CD-R
    and also
    is it better then other formats?like iso and joliet :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
    KINDLY
    COMMENT
    i ll be grate ful to U ALL
    thanQ

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/allcam/cdformat.html

dvd-video is the only common media that requires the use of UDF. whether you wanna use UDF for other purposes, it's basically all up to personal choice. but you should avoid it if you are in the habit of making CDs for other people, because there are plenty of PCs/Macs out there which do not have UDF-support installed. ISO 9660 is the most widely compatible format for CDs.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    OK,
    TOPIc CHANGED The new topic goes something like this
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO REWRITE ON CD-R ?
    JUST THINK IT OVER
    TICK tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tok...................................................loop
    :music1: B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by milosummer@9 January 2004 - 22:17
    OK,
    TOPIc CHANGED The new topic goes something like this
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO REWRITE ON CD-R ?
    JUST THINK IT OVER
    TICK tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tok...................................................loop
    :music1: B)
    No, only on CD-RWs can you re-write, hence the name.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@9 January 2004 - 22:14
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/allcam/cdformat.html

dvd-video is the only common media that requires the use of UDF. whether you wanna use UDF for other purposes, it's basically all up to personal choice. but you should avoid it if you are in the habit of making CDs for other people, because there are plenty of PCs/Macs out there which do not have UDF-support installed. ISO 9660 is the most widely compatible format for CDs.
    Yep, thats true. for dvd video some burning software have difficulty in creating a dvd player compliant disk, so if you have this problem burn it using UDF 1.03.

I remember using nero when it used to produce non-compliant disks when i used the dvd video feature. thankfully they've fixed that problem since.
    Robert00000