Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amd Athlon Xp-m 2800+

Poster
    would be worth it to spend more to get 100mhz of speed? i dont think it would be worth it....i mean , its still very hard to notice a 2ghz and 2.8ghz at stuff like surfing the web and daily stuff. for gaming, although the cpu does play a role, its mostly gfx card. the only thing i can think of is video encoding....but w/ only 100mhz dif. i dont think it will be noticeable

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

Actually the speed varies abit. Most common for AthlonXP2800+ is 2080MHz. My AthlonXP2600+ has 2130MHz which is faster but a slower FSB at 266MHz so it runns about the same speed as a Intel pentium 4 at 2.6Ghz. Athlon processors is good bang for the buck!

To chek your exakt system vist this diagnostics site that will tell you the most things about your computer:

http://pcpitstop.com/default.asp

A great service!

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    yeh thinkin my laptop runs at just over 2Ghz which aint bad. That is good news how it out performs intel pentium 4s at 2.6Ghz. My cousin got me a good deal, must thank him

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    can i ask where about you got this, sounds pretty good.

edit: also it wont always run at 2.07ghz thats the maximum speed, it will fluctuate within 3/4 different speeds accroding to demand to save power. or at least on the battery anyway, some also do it while running on ac i think.

my athlon 1500-m runs at 500mhz/?/1.33ghz

cant remember the middle clock it runs at.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    My cousin is a networks manager and he can get 25% off acer and 15% compaq and dell laptops. I dont know where he orders from or whether it is legal but i aint complaining

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    If it's stolen, it might have a device that could 'phone home' as soon as you connect to the internet.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    nice joke but I have formatted it and installed windows xp professional and my own software, i cant be doing with the pre installed software. It aint stolen i dont think, I have an invoice for it from his company.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    BANNED
    Originally posted by leonarmston@10 January 2004 - 11:36
    nice joke but I have formatted it and installed windows xp professional and my own software, i cant be doing with the pre installed software. It aint stolen i dont think, I have an invoice for it from his company.
    thats not a joke....

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@10 January 2004 - 12:50
    If it's stolen, it might have a device that could 'phone home' as soon as you connect to the internet.
    Ahh, but how would it know if its stolen?

And also guys, in overclocking AMD terms here, people ask if its worth to gain say, the 100Mhz to go from a 2800+ to a 3200+. But remember, Mhz arnt really the tale of the tape here. You going essiently to gain 400 points on the AMD rating system, which would supposdly be equivlent to gaining 400Mhz on a P4 Processor.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by DWk+10 January 2004 - 13:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 10 January 2004 - 13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leonarmston@10 January 2004 - 11:36
    thats not a joke.... [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s right. I&#39;m not joking.

Even if you format and reinstall everything, it will still &#39;phone home.&#39;

It&#39;s a Hardware device not software.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast