Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Hash Making

cselik's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Peachey@22 January 2004 - 00:14
    Dus this do the things that Sig2Dat dose?

If not dus eny one know were i can get it?
    no, it doesnt handle protocol and doesnt make dat files (at least the released does not), you still need sig2dat or ksig to do that for you.

sig2dat is at http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb/

dir2sig is at dir2sig's homepage

ksig is in your startmenu, hopefully

this is if u want to make hashes fast and post them or upload them or if you hate windows common-controls 'open' and u dont want to frustrate downloaders with making them enter hash manually yep and size.

in my opinion 100% of thou who have kazaa also have a browser and hashes circulate throu www mostly today, so i believe downloads should be initialized with a single click, ~ goes for the hash making too.

edited** you can do all this with ksig , (lot of clicking) , but its not so obvious for users especially the ones that are not familiar with html.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Great program!

Making hashes for a lot of files just got easier.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    KA BUMB

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    nice post probaly should be pinned

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@23 January 2004 - 23:26
    nice post probaly should be pinned
    yeah it'd do some good for 'verifieds' here. :music1:

ceslik: i tried posting on other bb's and they require _url=_, not digesting href too well. (i replaced with notepad-went well), but will thre be a workaround or support for other type of bb?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    cselik's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by johny@24 January 2004 - 03:03
    ceslik: i tried posting on other bb's and they require _url=_, not digesting href too well. (i replaced with notepad-went well), but will thre be a workaround or support for other type of bb?
    sure! whats the deadline?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    cselik's Avatar Poster
    updates
    After reading books of how modern search engines work i've embeded some meta tags, this is good for webmasters who wish to host verifieds to get a better site rating, ie higher rank in google. Bear in mind that google deletes 'cheater' meta tags, so be carefull not to duplicate keywords.

code is now w3c compilant.

due to complains that some couldn't hash files from a cd because it's readonly, and previous versions of dir2sig wtote the files in the current directory only, i've embeded some options solving that problem.

you can choose from:
    %temp% - if you wanna post the info and loose the file.
    current - if you want the html file in the same folder as files are
    working - if you want the html file in the dir2sig's working dir, creating a local library.
    specify - whereev'a

something big is comming up. what will it be? a media library with an add free local search engine querying a global verified hash search engines. Can't tell u more for now. mmm sounds yummy
    stay tuned.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    BANNED
    very nice boss great job

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    cselik's Avatar Poster
    some componensts form dir2sig have migrated to hash server, a HTTP server which recursively serves sig2dat links of your "my shared folder", (or any other but it would not make much sence)

beta 0.2 is available for testing:

the link
    http://klitekpp.uw.hu/hashserv/index.html

the howto:
    stop the service
    select your shared folder under config
    make sure to have only folders or some really SMALL files there, (you CAN select a subfolder ie. "music" inside your shared folder), so index page would be generated fast.
    selsct port 80 if you want it directly available through anyone's browser
    (re) start the server

dumps of sent sig2dat stuff will be stored in the wwwroot, and will not be shared nor hashed, so feel free to delete them, they are sorely for debug purposes.

the future:
    there should be an iternal AND external 2way search engine, conecting to whatabig and/or other www, sending your search queries to whatabig and accepting whatabigs queries from www search users. this depends on whatabig admin's will & bandwidth and my exams this summer. Stay tooned.

for now enjoy your shared folder in a browser and/or serve verifieds it to websites.

please send bugreports, feature requests, new ideas here in this thread.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Good job on dir2sig B)

But the hashserver...what about security?

I'm sure organisations like RIAA will love it. Makes it pretty easy to find out what people have in their shared folder

*cough scanning port 80 cough*

And as the index files are placed in the My Shared Folder, everyone can search for them with Kazaa if people don't disable sharing of those files.
    <span style='color:blue'>K-Lite v2.7
    KaZuperNodes/KaNAT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast