Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtf!

i downloaded out of time kvcd.mpg and when i burned it with nero all that shows up on the dvd player is the title of the movie and then it just stays there. why did i do wrong and how can i avoid wasting another cd!!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Does your dvd player support kvcd format?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    now you did press play did you?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    can someone really help me

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Hi,

Did you play the file on your PC?

Make sure that your DVD player can play MPEG files, (VCD. SVCD)

Also, Ive found burning your discs at a slower rate also helps it run smoother on a dvd player.
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    If the Menu came up

then It has recognised it as a VCD

also if your burning with Nero be sure too have finalize CD ticked (called something like that)

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    Download & try a (kvcd)test image.You may have a better idea where you are then mate.If its your player or not.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by johnq86@10 January 2004 - 06:13
    i downloaded out of time kvcd.mpg and when i burned it with nero all that shows up on the dvd player is the title of the movie and then it just stays there. why did i do wrong and how can i avoid wasting another cd&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Did you burn it as non-standard VCD? you will need to do this otherwise it wont work.

Plus your dvd player has to be able to play MPEG1 (VCD frame size) with VBR (thats basically what kvcd is - VCD with Variable bit rate). It&#39;s the VBR that enables you to fit so much on one CD, whilst maintaining quaity.

If your player doesnt support KVCD it may be able to play miniDVD - Mpeg2 (VCD frame size) with VBR.

If the file wont play after you burn as non-standard VCD, you should re-encode it to standard VCD (providing your player supports VCD) or if you have a dvd writer, as a DVD complient MPEG2.

I personally don&#39;t use KVCD, as i have a dvd writer, so only create low VBR MPEG2 files if i want to fit a lot on one disk, and this disk would play on all dvd-r supporting players.
    Robert00000

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast