Thread: Dvd Rip Vs Full Dvd

Poster

I got a few games from ps2torrents and the file says dvd rip but the file size is only 580 mgs.... can I just burn this on a normal disk or dose it have to be a DVD?

Also what is the difference between them?

2. Games   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    DVD rip will have some of the movie files and stuff like that taken out. It can be burnt to CD-R and played in some PS2s.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    oh

so it ont be as good as the full dvd....

Got it! Thanks!

Bossyboy

4. Games   -   #4
    U can rip DVDs which are on the double sided dvds (which is about 9gb) which as of yet there are no writers to be able to copy them. The only dvd writers u can get at the moment are single sided recorders which only record on one side which is 4.7gb. So in order to copy a dvd u delete unecessary files on the dvd and compress it so it fits on a single sided 4.7gb disk. Hence DVD rip but the quality is still the same, perfect.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    You can actually perfectly copy the DVD-Vs. You can rip both sides of the DVD onto two seperate DVD+/-R/RWs.

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Amarjit@10 January 2004 - 17:48
    You can actually perfectly copy the DVD-Vs. You can rip both sides of the DVD onto two seperate DVD+/-R/RWs.
    And then glue the cd's together

7. Games   -   #7
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by leonarmston@10 January 2004 - 16:31
    So in order to copy a dvd u delete unecessary files on the dvd and compress it so it fits on a single sided 4.7gb disk. Hence DVD rip but the quality is still the same, perfect.
    Thats bullcrap, the games come on 4.7 GB DVDs can be burnt onto 4.7 GB DVDs. It is a DVD rip in the sense that you have ripped it from a DVD, but the releasers don't compress or remove anything (maybe anti copying stuff) from the original game DVD when releasing it on the net.