Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Media Player

Can you tell me if Windows Media Player is any better or worse music quality than other downloaded software eg. Winamp. I ask this because I am now trying to listen to all my CD's which I've saved at 320bps mp3 on my newly set up PC soundcard / amp and speakers. I am still quite dissappointed compared to my hifi playing same CD's.
    I have started listening to digital radio stations, and one in particular playing smooth jazz, launches it's own player.
    Now the music quality of this medium is so much better. The question begs, is digital radio that good or is it that I am not playing it through WMP.
    If that was the case (not using WMP) then what is the best music player to use on Windows XP musi quality wise

2. Music   -   #2
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Microsoft fucking sux so ide say their quality sux compared to anything else except RealPlayer.

3. Music   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I use Winamp 5.01. Been using Winamp for many years now.

4. Music   -   #4
    BANNED
    Try this mate.The best sound quality player,imo.

Theres not alot to the interface mate but has alot of options and needs to be set up correctly.Try the special version for all the features mate.

Just drag & drop what you want to listen or however many playlist.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    Yeah I've used Foobar......it's pretty good. I'd recommend it.

6. Music   -   #6
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Arm@10 January 2004 - 15:35
    Microsoft fucking sux so ide say their quality sux compared to anything else except RealPlayer.
    go back to the lobby.. Real Player is the most horrid peice of software out there. :
    Proud member of MDS

7. Music   -   #7
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler+10 January 2004 - 22:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 10 January 2004 - 22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@10 January 2004 - 15:35
    go back to the lobby.. Real Player is the most horrid peice of software out there. : [/b][/quote]
    I said except RealPlayer you dumbfuck. I said Windows Media Players quality second to worst only to RealPlayer.

8. Music   -   #8
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I like winamp for its inteface, but i like the truebass and WOW factor options in WMP, so im torn

9. Music   -   #9
    muchspl2
    nga please

winamp with enhancer > .*.

http://www.i-adrian.home.ro/enhancer.htm

10. Music   -   #10
    Poster
    WinAmp 5 + DFX = nice sound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast