Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Will Your Firewall Stop This?

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    DVD pirate has alot of good points. he is just trying to offer a "possibility", which is the cool part of belonging to this forum. How many other peeps who just download shit with no thought of viruses or trojans, get ahold of info like this? thats why they get owned and we DON'T! we have mass ability to exploit flaws, viruses, etc.... which helps us all in the long run. the same way we seem to stay ahead of RIAA and the like......just my opinion, don't take it personal.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #102
    BANNED
    Originally posted by leftism+11 January 2004 - 02:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism &#064; 11 January 2004 - 02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by balamm@
    Go download some more software(shortcuts to existing features) if it pleases you. I&#39;ll stick to a common sense approach.
    All these things are only doing what they&#39;ve been designed and configured to do

You dont even understand what DLL hijacking is do you?

This thing can use any application thats allowed to access the net to do its job. It loads the DLL into the target application and hijacks it.

Notepad, your AV software, whatever. If the target application has been allowed access to the net it can use it. Is capturing screenshots an existing featiure of notepad, how about wordpad? I think not.

btw that big list of DLL&#39;s you posted? Only one of them is a threat, can you tell us which one it is? Which one you&#39;d block and which ones you&#39;d leave?

<!--QuoteBegin-balamm

So I sat and watched this program for some time to test your theory that it could do something on it&#39;s own, that a .dll would magically take the initiative.
    Nope, nothing.

You dont understand any of this do you?

This tester has been coded to require you to press buttons etc. It could have been coded to run without a window, without any buttons, without you knowing about it.

As your sitting here reading this, DLL&#39;s are being unloaded and loaded without you doing a thing. Its how windows works.

Do I have to explain this concept a 3rd time or have you grasped it now?

Stick to you 1337 h4x0r SMB over TCP/IP cracking and flaming people on forums. This stuff is waaay over your head.[/b][/quote]
    Mate what are you on about.

A trojan,dll has to be executed/loaded somewhere along the line mate & if your system & firewall are setup properly when it happens you stop it if the trojan or its actions havnt already been stoped throught another kind of monitor for changes to your system.As balamms saying also as you&#39;ve proven with the same firewalls failing then passing after a few changes in the settings.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #103
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well, I installed the firewall yesterday, but I still failed. What settings should I enter?
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #104
    @ Ck-Uk
    Balaam is well known in this forum as someone who can never admit hes wrong..Hence the reason hes no longer a mod(Attitude ajustment is needed)..he came into this thread and immediately abused everyone by calling everyone a noob, then he went into the antivirus test thread and did exactly the same thing.
    he basically said the virus thing didnt work yet when i asked him to start executing the viruses and tell me what happened, he dropped his nuts .

This test was designed to simulate a outgoing transmission and he choked when he failed the test.Reason he choked is he likes everyone to think hes a "master" authority on every subject known to man...there isnt room in this forum for every member and balaams ego.
    His wall failed and he got dirty on it..Outsmarted by something so simple that he couldnt handle it(or his ego couldnt)
    As for the matter of Dll&#39;s, the test works like this, if theres a browser window open then the process will attemt to piggy back on that to access the internet,if youve ticked the box that says "Always allow Internet Explorer to access the net" then it has nothing to stop it from accessing the net.If by some chance your firewall stops the process from using IE, then it will attempt to piggyback on any process you have running on your computer.and if any of those processes have Internet privlages then itll use them to access the net.OWNED
    Nobody posted that there antivirus/antitrojan programs picked this up when they downloaded the test on to there computer right?ok
    The point of this exercise was to show people the possibilities that are out there.
    Imagine that this firewall tester I posted here was a key gen that youd been given to use for some software or game etc...you click on the key gen to generate a key, and presto you just got OWNED..Why cant people see that you ask? because there ego&#39;s are blocking there vision
    98% of the forum got OWNED hardcore by this simulation and unfortunately there were a few sore losers that couldnt deal with it..A very clever script kiddie could have made this simulation so that you dont need to execute it ..itll execute itself or by some other means.And people refuse to see it like that..
    I feel sorry for people that have ego problems cause they could have so much more to offer if they just let themselves, be themselves

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #105
    Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@11 January 2004 - 21:59
    A trojan,dll has to be executed/loaded somewhere along the line mate & if your system & firewall are setup properly when it happens you stop it if the trojan or its actions havnt already been stoped throught another kind of monitor for changes to your system.
    As balamms saying also as you&#39;ve proven with the same firewalls failing then passing after a few changes in the settings.
    Thats true mate, So obviously 98% of the forum havent got there firewalls configured or whatever..In the real world theres no second chances..if that was a real trojan do you think its gonna stop so you can change your settings?ROFLMAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I highly doubt it.. B)
    Anyway all I know is that I bought a test simulation here for enlightning everyone to what is avalable and I ended up OWNING
    this test raped just about everyone because people dont know how to configure there firewalls etc
    same with the virus tester

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #106
    Originally posted by ck&#045;uk
    A trojan,dll has to be executed/loaded somewhere along the line mate & if your system & firewall are setup properly when it happens you stop it if the trojan or its actions havnt already been stoped throught another kind of monitor for changes to your system.As balamms saying also as you&#39;ve proven with the same firewalls failing then passing after a few changes in the settings

All trojans have to be executed once.What he was saying is that once its executed you then need to start pressing buttons to get the DLL&#39;s to load/unload.

Whilst you&#39;ve been browsing this forum IE has been loading and unloading DLL&#39;s but you havent explicitly told it to have you?

Most firewalls dont even provide DLL authentication, so it doesnt matter how you configure them, they simply dont have that functionality.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #107
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    So generally I uninstalled Norton Personal Firewall for Zonealarm for no reason? Thats so fucking annoying
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #108
    No offense but Nortons Internet Security is gay...you did ya self a favour

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #109
    I wish someone can conenct to my ip

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #110
    Poster
    As I said before you ignorant arrogant little fuck , it got out because I allowed it out.

You don&#39;t even know how this shit works. You&#39;ve flipped flopped back and forth between it is a trojan, it isn&#39;t a trojan, it is a trojan.. Make up your mind.

If you payed for this, you got screwed. The program they use and call their own is free from MS and I have it installed. You want it? Figure it out your self dick.

Shove this squarely up your abused ass

Anyone with sygate should get the same results. Just say NO.

Oh and to answer to your fucked up little name game, I have the entire database from that time. every PM, every post. Your point?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast