Thread: Wallpaper-shifting Program?

- Nightmare -'s Avatar Arch-angel
    I'm looking for one of those programs that shift around wallpapers every *insert minutes/days here*.

I've always heard of them but never really thought about it until recently. Any recommendations?

It is time...

...for the end to be stopped.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Stay away from the free version of "WebShots daily" its got more spyware than kazaa media desktop

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@10 January 2004 - 18:49
    Stay away from the free version of "WebShots daily" its got more spyware than kazaa media desktop
    I installed webshots, loaded all the best backgrounds they had and pinched the bitmaps from the windows folder, and then uninstalled it ,

Now i have all their best background pics and don't need to have their software on my system
    Robert00000

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Wallpaper Sequencer 3.51 looks exactly what you're looking for...

It was on SoftPedia.

Overview
    --------------

"Wallpaper Sequencer is a state-of-the-art wallpaper manager for Windows.

Use this tool to create collections of your favorite wallpapers and automatically change them on each Windows startup or at specified time intervals.

Power Toys users can create individual sets of wallpapers for each virtual desktop. Other Wallpaper Sequencer features include support for Windows XP visual themes, ability to control wallpapers with customizable hotkeys etc.

Features:

· Supports popular graphics formats such as BMP, JPG, JPEG, PNG, EMF, WMF, WBZ and images in ZIP archives.

· You can create collections of your favorite wallpapers and customize them with individual options for each image and advanced display settings.

· Apply a semi-transparent wallpaper calendar with various skins to your desktop!!!

· Program the wallpaper to change automatically on system start or shutdown, on-hot-key press, or after a specified time period.

· To reduce memory usage, Wallpaper Sequencer can automatically close after a wallpaper change.

· If you frequently restart your system, you can set the option "Only once per day" and the wallpaper will be changed at StartUp/Restart/Shutdown only once between 12:00 am and 11:59 pm. (Or on a 24-hour clock, between 00:00 and 23:59.)

· The program enables you to set the desktop background color and features options for a transparent background for desktop icon text, completely hidden desktop icons, proportional resizing, and Active Desktop support.

· Wallpaper Sequencer renders the Taskbar transparent on Windows 2000/XP, revealing the whole desktop including any background image. This transparency is adjustable.

· It also includes a multilingual interface, full multi-user support on NT/2000/XP, supports the virtual desktops that come with Microsoft Power Toys for XP, and fully supports Windows XP visual themes.

Limitations:

1. Taskbar transparency not saved and you need setup it again after restarting Wallaper Sequencer.
    2. Proportional Stretching not available.
    3. Hide Desktop icons not available.
    4. Add Folder not scan subfolders.
    5. Load/Save/Append list not available."

Samurai

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by - Nightmare -@10 January 2004 - 12:46
    I'm looking for one of those programs that shift around wallpapers every *insert minutes/days here*.

I've always heard of them but never really thought about it until recently. Any recommendations?
    http://tomsprograms.toms-world.org/mainadwc.shtml