Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl!

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Sorry man there was no football atm
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #102
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 January 2004 - 06:39

How in the hell did this go from Football to Billiards?They done hi-jacked our Thread.

FC-

Just using pool to bump the thread during football's short sojourn.

This weekend promises more great games, I think.

Busyman-

The amateur circuit would demand time I don't have.

If I won the lottery, though...

You have correctly devined that which separates the great from the merely good.

The female pros provide a great example:

Two of the more self-contained pros are certainly Karen Corr and Allison Fisher; extremely focused.

Two of my absolute favorites are Jeanette Lee and Vivian Villareal; each is a tremendous talent, but don't have quite the focus of the former two-they are a bit more extroverted, playing to the crowd, etc., and this often short-circuits their effort on the table.

On the men's side, I like a couple of the new guys-Corey Deuel (kind of a "Brett Favre" player) and a fellow named Robles (out of Brooklyn, I believe) who is VERY focused.

I wish they put the guys on TV more, but the women are pretty good to watch.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #103
    Originally posted by j2k4@13 January 2004 - 16:38
    Busyman-

The amateur circuit would demand time I don't have.

If I won the lottery, though...

You have correctly devined that which separates the great from the merely good.

The female pros provide a great example:

Two of the more self-contained pros are certainly Karen Corr and Allison Fisher; extremely focused.

Two of my absolute favorites are Jeanette Lee and Vivian Villareal; each is a tremendous talent, but don't have quite the focus of the former two-they are a bit more extroverted, playing to the crowd, etc., and this often short-circuits their effort on the table.

On the men's side, I like a couple of the new guys-Corey Deuel (kind of a "Brett Favre" player) and a fellow named Robles (out of Brooklyn, I believe) who is VERY focused.

I wish they put the guys on TV more, but the women are pretty good to watch.
    Damn man I was going to bring both of them up, Jeanette and Vivian, in my last post but didn't have time.

I can tell we share the same logic.
    They both take chances that Allison and Karen don't take.

For instance, the last two will play safeties when confronted with a pretty difficult shot (not all the time though) but I have seen Jeanette and Vivian screw up by NOT being safe. The crowd says 'ohhhhhhh'.

That's where playing to crowd comes in. They sometimes make super trick-shots and that's just wonderful for glorys sake but in end it's rare I see those two in the championship. Jeanette was the "2001" BCA Champion around the same time Karen Corr stepped up her game.

Now everytime it's Karen/Allison.

About the guys:
    They actually have trimmed down the TV time on the male side since 2001.

Now it's basically Trick Shot Magic. I'm going to try going to some matches at ESPN Zone in Baltimore. They have them there ALL the time and it's only about 30 miles away at Baltimore Harbor.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Originally posted by Busyman@13 January 2004 - 14:11
    I'm going to try going to some matches at ESPN Zone in Baltimore. They have them there ALL the time and it's only about 30 miles away at Baltimore Harbor.
    You lucky dog!

I'd have to go to Chicago, I think, as they occasionally host some events at the "Zone" there.

I have no reason left to go to Baltimore, just an Aunt I don't care for too much.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #105
    Originally posted by j2k4+13 January 2004 - 20:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 13 January 2004 - 20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@13 January 2004 - 14:11
    I&#39;m going to try going to some matches at ESPN Zone in Baltimore. They have them there ALL the time and it&#39;s only about 30 miles away at Baltimore Harbor.
    You lucky dog&#33;

I&#39;d have to go to Chicago, I think, as they occasionally host some events at the "Zone" there.

I have no reason left to go to Baltimore, just an Aunt I don&#39;t care for too much. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I have relatives like that too.

This is a great area to be in (Washington DC) but also the number one target in the world.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #106
    Originally posted by Busyman+13 January 2004 - 16:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 13 January 2004 - 16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@13 January 2004 - 20:00
    <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @13 January 2004 - 14:11
    I&#39;m going to try going to some matches at ESPN Zone in Baltimore. They have them there ALL the time and it&#39;s only about 30 miles away at Baltimore Harbor.

You lucky dog&#33;

I&#39;d have to go to Chicago, I think, as they occasionally host some events at the "Zone" there.

I have no reason left to go to Baltimore, just an Aunt I don&#39;t care for too much.
    Yeah I have relatives like that too.

This is a great area to be in (Washington DC) but also the number one target in the world. [/b][/quote]
    You should be proud, sir.

Off to work, now.

Enjoy.

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #107
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    This is why we need SportsWorld.

We use to run a Billiard tournament every Sunday at the local Bar.8 Drunks getting it on.

God I feel so cheesy compared to you Pros.

I use to think my &#036;100 Stick was the shit.What you all got?Nevermind.....I do not want to know.

8. Lounge   -   #108
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    In Just 5 Days.......

.....there will be combat

........it will be decided

............and then we will know.......

9. Lounge   -   #109
    well....i&#39;m going for the colts all the way

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 January 2004 - 23:07
    This is why we need SportsWorld.

We use to run a Billiard tournament every Sunday at the local Bar.8 Drunks getting it on.

God I feel so cheesy compared to you Pros.

I use to think my &#036;100 Stick was the shit.What you all got?Nevermind.....I do not want to know.
    I have to agree about Sportsworld.

I mean Bookworld is seldom used yet Sportsworld would open up a whole new discussions.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast