Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Good Is Your Anti-virus/anti-trojan?

Ok some of you will have seen my earlier thread about firewall testing, so ive decided to check Anti-Virus/anti-trojan software as well
    This mule link is a virus package with nearly 600 Trojans & Viruses, download it Extract the contents somewhere, and run your best Antivirus/Anti-trojan software and lets seperate the men from the boys.im trying to get this pack hosted somewhere (1.62MB) so people can have a direct download instead of it being limited to the mule users,edonkey, overnet users etc..if you can help out that would be great..The files only 1.6MB
    when you extract the contents of this package you may need to disable real time protection or the extraction will fail..Then enable real time protection and scan for all your worth

EDIT: further down this post Ultimatejester has hosted this for me..thanks goes out to this guy
    ed2k://|file|455.Viren.(virus.virii.collection).rar|1702323|20CC4F482C202A570C0E6C6914724FC7|/

EDIT...The password for this rar file is "danger"

THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR SCAREDY CATS...THESE ARE LIVE VIRUSES/TROJANS.DO NOT OPEN THEM..JUST HAVE YOUR VIRUS SCANNER SCAN THE FOLDER ONCE YOUVE UN-RARED IT..ITS RARED WITH A PASSWORD SO THERES NO MISTAKES AND ACCIDENTAL DOUBLE CLICKS..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@10 January 2004 - 22:59
    Ok some of you will have seen my earlier thread about firewall testing, so ive decided to check Anti-Virus/anti-trojan software as well
    This mule link is a virus package with nearly 600 Trojans & Viruses, download it Extract the contents somewhere, and run your best Antivirus/Anti-trojan software and lets seperate the men from the boys.im trying to get this pack hosted somewhere (1.62MB) so people can have a direct download instead of it being limited to the mule users,edonkey, overnet users etc..if you can help out that would be great..The files only 1.6MB
    when you extract the contents of this package you may need to disable real time protection or the extraction will fail..Then enable real time protection and scan for all your worth

ed2k://|file|455.Viren.(virus.virii.collection).rar|1702323|20CC4F482C202A570C0E6C6914724FC7|/
    wait so you download it then extract 500 virus onto ur comp? or are they on a file and you scan the file? if its a file what would happen if u accidently open and get 500 virus at once?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    nearly 600 Trojans & Viruses
    ?
    How many exactly? Because lets say my AntiV protector spots 600 viruss and there actually 605 that means bad news.

Question2-if i do this-and my antivirus protector fails on afew viruss - does that mean im infected....?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    and get 500 virus at once?

my thoughts exactly

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The files rared ok...what you do is extract it to say your desktop..a folder will appear with all the viruses, trojans inside.DONT BE CLEVER AND GO TRYING TO DOUBLE CLICK THE VIRUSES..Once thats done run your virus/trojan scanner over the file and lets post ya results..
    If I was gonna fuck anyone over it wouldve happened by now with the firewall test..ill give you a link to the creators website, but i hope you can read german...lol

heres a better idea..you all know Agent Smith who created the k-Lite update thing right?...hes run this test already i think..pm him and ask..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanx

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@11 January 2004 - 12:05

Question2-if i do this-and my antivirus protector fails on afew viruss - does that mean im infected....?
    No...if ya virus scanner doesnt pick them all up(AND IT WONT) just delete the rar file and the folder your scanning..its that simple

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by 3223@11 January 2004 - 12:04

wait so you download it then extract 500 virus onto ur comp? or are they on a file and you scan the file? if its a file what would happen if u accidently open and get 500 virus at once?
    your extracting a folder which contains the virii..just scan the folder with ya antivirus/anti trojan

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    muchspl2
    I tried to get this but it would never connect
    I want this, anyone want to send it to me, I will host it

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast