Thread: Usa And It's Influence.

Double Agent
    valcans... lolz..

hobbes IS weird recently

he's prob on drugs or somethin

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@11 January 2004 - 21:58
    in the Star Trek tv shows, people who make such claims are often referred to as Vulcans.
    Or Tribbles.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by clocker+12 January 2004 - 06:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 January 2004 - 06:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3RA1N1AC@11 January 2004 - 21:58
    in the Star Trek tv shows, people who make such claims are often referred to as Vulcans.
    Or Tribbles. [/b][/quote]
    How troubling.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Poster
    i realise that my next comment won&#39;t bring anything to this topic at all, but it seems fitting to post it from bash.org:

"The problem with America is stupidity. I&#39;m not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don&#39;t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    BANNED
    Originally posted by hobbes@11 January 2004 - 13:22
    I really get so sick of USA bashing when it all comes down to impotent nations pretending that they are somehow different, when, in fact, they would be no different from the USA if they had the ability.

When an uncontested super power appears upon the Earth you will know it by this sign, the impotent will join in a confederacy against it.

Really, it is simple human psychology. All men/nations want autonomy over their lives, their destiny. When this is removed, it causes unrest, anger, and resentment.

Like all the low level workers who gather in the break room talking about how stupid their boss is, slapping each other on the back and laughing. They discredit any achievements of the boss as a ruse to mask their impotence. They demean the boss and his integrity. They wouldn&#39;t be caught dead being such an ass kissing low life as their boss who was obviously pandered to all his live.

The Boss acts without caring about others. Yeah, like any country, ever, has passed up something to strengthen itself because it wouldn&#39;t be "nice". Humans are humans.

So all I see is anger and specious moral high ground acting as a facade to mask fear and impotence.
    This whole thread is wandering off topic, read the first remark. This thread is not about American citizens being blamed for the actions of their government, it&#39;s a defence of the US administration on the grounds that any other country would do the same, given the same power. This is, of course, rot&#33; Australia was given as an example, but I can tell you right now, our government would not act in the same way, because the citizens of this country would not allow it. For one thing, we have the ability to completely change our political landscape, something the US, with it&#39;s Tweedledum&#092;Tweedledee party politics can never achieve.

So all I see is anger and specious moral high ground acting as a facade to mask fear and impotence.
    That&#39;s all you see?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by 4th gen@12 January 2004 - 06:46
    i realise that my next comment won&#39;t bring anything to this topic at all, but it seems fitting to post it from bash.org:

"The problem with America is stupidity. I&#39;m not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don&#39;t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

What dat mean? I&#39;m American.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Double Agent
    bravo, busyman

braVO&#33;&#33;

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman+12 January 2004 - 05:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 12 January 2004 - 05:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@12 January 2004 - 06:46

What dat mean? I&#39;m American. [/b][/quote]
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I realise that the quote below won&#39;t bring anything to this topic at all either, but it too seems fitting to post it, and I find it insanely funny, if barely likely to be true:

This is the transcript of the actual radio conversation of a US Naval ship with the Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in Oct 1995.

Radio conversation released by chief of naval operations 10/10/95.

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north.

Canadians: Negative. you will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the captain of a US navy ship. I say again, divert your course.

Canadians: No. I say again, divert your course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln. the second biggest ship in the United States Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that you change your course 15 degrees north, that&#39;s one five degrees north, or counter measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: We are a lighthouse. Your call.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by barbarossa@12 January 2004 - 15:13
    I realise that the quote below won't bring anything to this topic at all either, but it too seems fitting to post it, and I find it insanely funny, if barely likely to be true:

This is the transcript of the actual radio conversation of a US Naval ship with the Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in Oct 1995.

Radio conversation released by chief of naval operations 10/10/95.

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north.

Canadians: Negative. you will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the captain of a US navy ship. I say again, divert your course.

Canadians: No. I say again, divert your course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln. the second biggest ship in the United States Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that you change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or counter measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: We are a lighthouse. Your call.
    FUNNY AS SHIT!!!!!
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 10:15 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast