Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadband?

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    NTL is 17.99 for the same speed. I think they throw in some offer like first month free or something. As for speeds you can get a net speed of about 18 KB/s (on K++ and downloading via browser). 600K is about £25 with NTL. Check here to see if NTL broadband is available in your area...

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by SeK612@13 January 2004 - 19:50
    NTL is 17.99 for the same speed. I think they throw in some offer like first month free or something. As for speeds you can get a net speed of about 18 KB/s (on K++ and downloading via browser). 600K is about £25 with NTL. Check here to see if NTL broadband is available in your area...
    thanks for the link but it's not available in my area it said so

hopefully something will be developed in the near future

it's just iam a huge F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan and i wanted to download the series 10 episodes now i'll have to wait till they are aired over here in britain
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    If NTL is not available in your area, try Telewest (Link is above). I'm using broadband and can't get Telewest in my area. They both have their own areas to cover. Check it out.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    ntl is a bloody rip off, i pay £35pm for the 1mbit service and havent had that speed in the las t 4 months. rang ntl, the engineer did a speed test and it was well under, i rang ntl again, and they dont offer any compensation whatsoever even though its their ethernet-usb cable that creates the problem, then they cant be arsed to ring u when they say they will. and when they do eventually send a letter, it has all this bs about some times being heavier usage than others, which is fair enough......but like i said i aint had that speed in FOUR months....dissgruntled...YES :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12