Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Thru Assault

Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    maybe she was suffering emotionally and didnt think about wether she was pregnant or not

when i said i dont think he has the right to make her choose i didnt mean a thing called divorce i meant that he is making her choose between him or a child - making her have more presuure than she needs to deal with

maybe he is a bum and dont got a job
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

2. Lounge   -   #92
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by hobbes@12 January 2004 - 21:26

In a real life scenario, the woman would have been taken to the hospital immediately and given the pill to prevent a pregnacy from occuring. Could you at this time have the emotional control to tell them "no", I will let nature take its course?

In defence and to thro that statement out the window, in the prog and often IRL the woman did'nt tell anyone for days, she went in hiding, as many women do, how many women are out there who have been sexually assaulted and never told a soul?

@Cowsy....In all honesty I have to agree with Hobbes and say I'm suprised this was'nt the reaction of all women who read this, but this thread has certainly been an eye opener for me.

Thankyou all, especially the girls for staying calm and speaking their mind on such an emotive subject

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #93
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman+12 January 2004 - 22:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 12 January 2004 - 22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@12 January 2004 - 22:26
    It has been my experience that rape is one of the most emotionally devasating experiences a woman can endure. The desire of this woman to have the baby just seems to go against everything I have observed. Most women seem to wretch at the thought of a rapists seed growing inside them.

In a real life scenario, the woman would have been taken to the hospital immediately and given the pill to prevent a pregnacy from occuring. Could you at this time have the emotional control to tell them "no", I will let nature take its course?

My sentiments exactly&#33;&#33;&#33;

edit: UKMan was probably busy yelling on a megaphone outside about his brother getting more chocalate cake than he did. [/b][/quote]
    What a funny little man you are - i hear everyone laughing too.

btw - i dont have a brother - now try my sister instead.... oh, i dont have one&#33;

do you want to continue your silly attacks

4. Lounge   -   #94
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@13 January 2004 - 00:32
    In defence and to thro that statement out the window, in the prog and often IRL the woman did&#39;nt tell anyone for days, she went in hiding, as many women do, how many women are out there who have been sexually assaulted and never told a soul?

Your point is valid Jonno, and I don&#39;t want to nit pick the issue, but the woman in question was married. Certainly her Husband would know, especially since most anonymous rapists beat the crap out of their victims or kill them.

It is true that in the "date rape" scenario I can see this happeneing. Many factors have to be dealt with. Yes, the boyfriend did wrong, yes it was against your will, but do you really want that person imprisoned. After all, you liked the person to some degree, and you never felt like he would batter or kill you. Maybe you did tease him, too much, maybe you deserved it (these are the thoughts of guilt which go through peoples minds when stressed). These are the women who slink off on their own to suffer, and they are, of course, single.

I just wanted to refine the scenario, a little. I just can&#39;t see any woman in the scenario of an annoymous rapist even considering keeping the pregnancy and not reporting immediately to the police or hospital.

Now, if she were fooling around at the office and got "date raped" by an out-of-line co-worker, this would open up a whole new can of worms.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #95
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I just can&#39;t believe that in a topic like this, someone starts to flame.

You are a sad sad person busyman. You really are. This is a serious topic and instead of respecting this you bring your petty stupid problems with another board member into it. It&#39;s just gross.

For those it may concern;
    Yes, I am pissed because of that. Why? I have been raped, and no, I didn&#39;t get pregnant, but it IS a sensitive topic for me, which is why I didn&#39;t reply, until now.

A lot of women go through this, maybe think about that next time you decide to post one of your stupid replies.

Sonja

6. Lounge   -   #96
    Poster

rape is one of the most demoralising traumatic things that can happen to a person and it&#39;s not something you get over after the bruising has faded.
    most females would have the option of a MAP offered to them if they get some kind of medical help... if they report it.... a lot of females don&#39;t report it...

I don&#39;t think I could have the child of a rapist.... I would take the pill in a flash... and if it wasn&#39;t offered to me then abortion would be my answer....
    I wouldn&#39;t jeopardise my life with my husband whom I chose to spend the rest of my life with over a child that would always be a reminder of the most horrible moment in my life.
    But religion does come into it.... I am not a devout Catholic that considers abortion murder.... I don&#39;t know how I would deal with it if I was...

this is only my opinion... and I have this opinion because of my life experiences...
    there will never be a clear cut answer to this kind of question as everyones life experiences are so varied... those that have never lived thru an experience like this will not realise the extent of the trauma and those that have will struggle to deal with it for a long time...
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'>The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.....</span>
    <span style='color:red'><u>Don't Go Here.........</u></span></span>

7. Lounge   -   #97
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    @Skweeks........Oh sweetheart, I&#39;m so sorry.........I&#39;m actually doing my best to stay calm and not say what I want to out of pure respect for certain members such as yourself, but I wish I had never asked this question, I hate the thought of any man hitting a woman let alone violating her in such a horrific manner , it infuriates me more than anything, I&#39;ve sat and listend to several girls this has happend to and it&#39;s had me in tears, mix of sadness and fury.

Just ignor the simple comments of insensitive people ok

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((sonja)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

@Hobbes........It&#39;s not always the case for a woman to be beaten by an attacker, in the same instance it&#39;s not date-rape, the case in the soap she had bruises to her legs and a cut on her arm, it happend in a pub as she was closing, she told her husband she cut her arm on broken glass and he did&#39;nt see her legs as she hid them from him.
    So it&#39;s very possible that he had no idea whatsoever, and it&#39;s not the sort of thing a husband instantly thinks of if his wife is a bit odd.

Jonno B)

Edit:

@Ang.........Thankyou, very very well said........you put into words what I have tried to say.
    As I&#39;ve said many times in this thread that this is horrific, sadistic and extremely cowardly.
    Unfortunately as you say, many women do not report it and the man walks free to do it again and again, I can understand to some extend the feeling of humiliation that these women must feel and my heart truely goes out to them but I wish they could find the strength to report it right away.
    Altho I have a small idea of how it feels.
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #98
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    no no Jonno, it&#39;s good these things are discussed and I love to read peoples views on it, I just think it&#39;s terrible when someone posts a reply like busyman did, it&#39;s totally disrespectful. I simply had to reply to that

9. Lounge   -   #99
    Jonno,

As a male, I turn the question over to the ladies on this, is the scenario viable to you?

As you said before, this thread has been an eye opener. The number of people who have come forward to say that they have been raped is the mind-numbing aspect. I put this in the league with, "yeah, I killed a man once".

My most sincere sympathies to the ladies, as Jonno says, it does fill me with a sense of rage, which is so much more unbearable because I can&#39;t do anything to undo what has been done or punish the guilty.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #100
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I wasnt going to reply again to the topic in question simply because i dont feel adequate enough or even qualified enough to do so. But i would like to congratulate first and foremost those women/girls who have stepped forward to tell the most intimate and private things about their lives on this board - whatever the views of these women is their own personal one based on their own experiences of course and who am i to contradict or even question that?

Also i want to congratulate Jonny for having posted this topic in the first place.. maybe it has helped someone here heal a bit more or even understand a bit more about this terrible crime.

Most of the males here have been extremely good and kept the topic on question without arguing or flaming - with the exception of one - and for that i&#39;m sure everyone is gratefull.

Peace
    UKMan

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast