Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Thru Assault

Originally posted by gemby!@12 January 2004 - 00:06
    i would just like to say that personally im not sure if i would be able to raise the child because i dont know what it feels like to be raped but to some like mo  a baby might only happen once...

@ hobbes - the husband isnt even sticking by her so she wont be needing her husband to send the child to college or raise the child in the house
    That is my point, he shouldn't stick by her. She is on her own. She wants to destroy everything in the marriage for a baby created by a rapist, her choice.

I personally would put the child up for adoption, but in nature, the father would kill it.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    internet.news
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@11 January 2004 - 23:57
    Ok first I would like to apologise if this offends anyone or releases any emotions.
    Sorry but I need to ask this.

Watching a tv prog today, a soap called Eastenders they have a story line where a woman (approx 30 y/o) was Sexually assaulted before xmas and is now pregnant because of this.
    She is married and her husband obviously upset.

She has decided to keep this baby, he has left her saying that he could never love this baby and would always hate it.

I would have to agree with the husband, I'm not sure I would leave her but I would certainly not be happy and could not be asked to raise a child of a man that hurt the one I love.

Views please?

Please!!! do not spam this or give stupid answers, this is a very delicate subject!

Jonno B)
    I understand the point of view in some ways of her husband.

Personally I think that is mainly the decision of the woman whether she wants this child or not. Nevertheless all people involved in this should share their thoughts so that they would know and understand each other point of views better.

I also think that the child could be not responsible for this. If I see violence and ppl suffering - ppl are unfortunately just humans, and life also contains negative parts.
    If we say someone acts like a human many ppl always first think that the person is friendly but acting in a human way may not only be friendly and so on as life
    also contains negative parts...

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I have to agree with JONNO_CELEBS on this one... as much as I'd love my wife, I couldn't bring myself to bring up another man's child knowing that it's father had raped my wife. It would be a constant reminder that this child is not mine.

Personally I find it extremely inconsiderate of the mother to keep the child. Only thinking about one's self and how it'll look good in a cradle is no excuse.

@ Withcheese - Vows are two-way remember.

4. Lounge   -   #14

5. Lounge   -   #15
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hobbes+11 January 2004 - 23:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 11 January 2004 - 23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@12 January 2004 - 00:06
    i would just like to say that personally im not sure if i would be able to raise the child because i dont know what it feels like to be raped but to some like mo a baby might only happen once...

@ hobbes - the husband isnt even sticking by her so she wont be needing her husband to send the child to college or raise the child in the house
    That is my point, he shouldn&#39;t stick by her. She is on her own. She wants to destroy everything in the marriage for a baby created by a rapist, her choice.

I personally would put the child up for adoption, but in nature, the father would kill it. [/b][/quote]
    How many fathers actually know that they are the father...only the mother really knows who the father is...

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    It is indeed a complex issue and there is no right answer to satisfy all of the aspects of this question. As such may I break it down into individual parts.

1. The baby should be allowed to live, babies are guilty of no crime and deserve to be born.

2. I fully understand that it is not his child, as such he may not wish to bring it up. Indeed given the circumstances he may not even wish to look at it.

3. In that instance, if his love for his wife cannot get him over that, then adoption is an option.

4. However it is her child and as such, she has a right to raise it. She may love her husband so much that she is willing to place the baby for adoption, however her mothering instinct may be too great.

5. If that is the case then they may split up over this, it really depends on the strength of feeling, from each of the parties. Both towards each other and the baby.

6. My one absolute in this is that the baby does not deserve to die, no matter what the circumstances of it&#39;s conception.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    any father that kills his child is a bit of a psycho and shouldnt be allowed to walk the streets
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@11 January 2004 - 22:15
    I have to agree with JONNO_CELEBS on this one... as much as I&#39;d love my wife, I couldn&#39;t bring myself to bring up another man&#39;s child knowing that it&#39;s father had raped my wife. It would be a constant reminder that this child is not mine.

Personally I find it extremely inconsiderate of the mother to keep the child. Only thinking about one&#39;s self and how it&#39;ll look good in a cradle is no excuse.

@ Withcheese - Vows are two-way remember.
    Vows are two ways, but if she makes a decision (hers to make IMO) then her husband should stand by her. Of course vows don&#39;t mean much these days, and I can respect the decision of a man to leave in this extreme situation.

But his wife really needs him now, more than ever and he is running away. He&#39;s supposed to love her agter all...

There is no easy answer, and maybe no real right answer...I&#39;m getting more confused thinking about it...

9. Lounge   -   #19
    I can sort of understand the fathers point of view, and I hope that i never have to deal with a scenario such as the one descibed..

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by nigel123+12 January 2004 - 00:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 &#064; 12 January 2004 - 00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@11 January 2004 - 23:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;
    @12 January 2004 - 00:06
    i would just like to say that personally im not sure if i would be able to raise the child because i dont know what it feels like to be raped but to some like mo a baby might only happen once...

That is my point, he shouldn&#39;t stick by her. She is on her own. She wants to destroy everything in the marriage for a baby created by a rapist, her choice.

I personally would put the child up for adoption, but in nature, the father would kill it.
    How many fathers actually know that they are the father...only the mother really knows who the father is...[/b][/quote]
    Nigel and Gemby, I am talking about experiments with mice. If a female is impregnated by a male, and she belongs to another, his hormones induce an abortion by the female and if children are born which are not his, he kills them.

At any rate, I suspect that this woman is lying. In any modern country, if you are raped you can take a "morning after pill" which will prevent a viable pregnancy. I think that this woman wanted to become pregnant and the whole rape thing is a farce.

Remember it takes about 6 days before the fertilized embryo will attach to the uterine wall.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast