Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Thru Assault

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Ok first I would like to apologise if this offends anyone or releases any emotions.
    Sorry but I need to ask this.

Watching a tv prog today, a soap called Eastenders they have a story line where a woman (approx 30 y/o) was Sexually assaulted before xmas and is now pregnant because of this.
    She is married and her husband obviously upset.

She has decided to keep this baby, he has left her saying that he could never love this baby and would always hate it.

I would have to agree with the husband, I'm not sure I would leave her but I would certainly not be happy and could not be asked to raise a child of a man that hurt the one I love.

Views please?

Please!!! do not spam this or give stupid answers, this is a very delicate subject!

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    In the wild, male animals can cause the woman to abort a fetus that is not theirs (some hormonal thing). If they do not, they kill the babies.

The husband is in the right according to the laws of nature.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i say that it is up to the mother if she wants to keep the child - she will be raising it and also in the soap zoe was raised even though she was a child of kat being raped ....
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

4. Lounge   -   #4
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    As a Catholic this is a tough one. If there is any better argument for an abortion I don't know of one. The choice, if not for an abortion, would certainly be to have the baby out for adoption.
    Of course the husband is upset, his wife is carrying a baby not his own. How would any man under the same circumstances feel?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Well, as a husband he made vows to stick by her no matter what and he is supposed to love her. He's being a coward in what is an awesomely difficult situation for his wife, he should be sticking by her no matter what. Even through something as extreme as this...

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by gemby!@12 January 2004 - 00:02
    i say that it is up to the mother if she wants to keep the child - she will be raising it and also in the soap zoe was raised even though she was a child of kat being raped ....
    So her husband should raise it in his house? Work overtime to send it to college?

Baby needs to be put for adoption or aborted.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i would just like to say that personally im not sure if i would be able to raise the child because i dont know what it feels like to be raped but to some like mo a baby might only happen once...

@ hobbes - the husband isnt even sticking by her so she wont be needing her husband to send the child to college or raise the child in the house
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

8. Lounge   -   #8
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I could'nt do it. The trouble is how could you leave her without it putting pressure in her to have an abortion (which I would never do)?
    I'm a step-father to 2 wonderful kids but I could never bring up a child created from such a horrible event during my relationship.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    A very difficult problem. If it was my partner and she wanted to keep the baby, I would support her in her decision.Why? The reason is I love my partner and a part of that baby would be a part of the person I love...

10. Lounge   -   #10
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I would have stuck around....its not the kids fault, and I would not tar him/her with the same brush as his/her father....although I wouldnt view the child as my own, I would love and care for him/her all the same, because he/she is still 50% of my partner

If i loved someone enough to marry them, I would be prepared to go through thick and thin...and this is about as thin as it gets.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast