Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powercolor 865ape

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    I can't find any site with detailed specs for this board! powercolor's site doesn't have shit! I already emailed IBUYPOWER where i got most of my pc for some specs, but they tend to take a while to respond. i need to know the detailed specs for my board!

and another thing, rite now, in bios, theres no options for changing fsb:ram ratio or vcore voltage or anything. if i flash my bios, will those features show up?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@11 January 2004 - 17:29

and another thing, rite now, in bios, theres no options for changing fsb:ram ratio or vcore voltage or anything. if i flash my bios, will those features show up?
    Only the Shadow knows.

I'm guessing NO.
    Typically flashing your BIOS to an upgraded version only fixes bugs and glitches, it won't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    that's also y i'm looking for detailed specs. to c if i can change those settings. anyone?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by clocker+11 January 2004 - 19:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 January 2004 - 19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@11 January 2004 - 17:29

Only the Shadow knows.

I&#39;m guessing NO.
    Typically flashing your BIOS to an upgraded version only fixes bugs and glitches, it won&#39;t turn a sow&#39;s ear into a silk purse. [/b][/quote]
    but doesn&#39;t flashing ur bios update it? maybe a newer version has those options? cuz in the manual, ibuypower added in a few pages for the bios settings. they said these pages are wat my bios would say. but in the original manual, these options were in the bios. so i&#39;m guessing those bastards did something to hide these options

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    google??

(Abu i know you are not retarded, but i doubt someone has one of those comps... your best bet is probably google )

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Umm, your only supposed to flash your bios if you do indeed have a NEWER BIOS version to put back on it. Flashing is blanking the memory to put a newer version on it.

So, I would hope you have a new bios version to put on it, because if not, its literally Dead.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@12 January 2004 - 00:02
    Umm, your only supposed to flash your bios if you do indeed have a NEWER BIOS version to put back on it. Flashing is blanking the memory to put a newer version on it.

So, I would hope you have a new bios version to put on it, because if not, its literally Dead.
    wat do u mean by dead? i have a newer version from powercolor&#39;s website. y is it dead?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Abu,

I don&#39;t think that anyone else here has a board like yours so we don&#39;t know what your BIOS will/willnot do.
    Clearly, you won&#39;t be happy till you&#39;ve flashed it, so why not just DO IT and let us know?

If you&#39;re lucky, flashing may transform your board into a dual Xeon monster.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by clocker@12 January 2004 - 09:27
    Abu,

I don&#39;t think that anyone else here has a board like yours so we don&#39;t know what your BIOS will/willnot do.
    Clearly, you won&#39;t be happy till you&#39;ve flashed it, so why not just DO IT and let us know?

If you&#39;re lucky, flashing may transform your board into a dual Xeon monster.
    i thought flashing bios might cause it to go bad. if flashing bios doesn&#39;t usually fix this prob, then maybe i shouldn&#39;t take the risk?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Of course there is risk involved.

Didn&#39;t the site from which you obtained the new BIOS tell you what the updates were?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast