Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supernode ..what ,where .how...

Originally posted by Switeck+16 January 2004 - 23:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 16 January 2004 - 23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-othmanni@16 January 2004 - 07:33
    wat&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; noOoOh man i dont think this is true
    What part don&#39;t you believe?

Your satellite dish points in a fixed direction, that means........

[/b][/quote]
    ok i read what you said more than 10 time and i have 2 question ..
    one is relavent and the other one is not (i dont see that the other queston relevent except it is about kazaa so forgive mu jumps from one subject to another)

First ques: from what u have said.. dose that mean that dial up or DSL is better than satlite connction when it come in using kazaa lite [COLOR=red]my big confusion here is that i know that kazaa depend only on your download and the upload of other peaple ..
    ok lets say my download speed is 250kB/Ss and i have 45 user on some file and it says that the bandwdith is 150 or whatever this means that weather am using satlite or dsl it all depend on my download speed and thier upload and does not say wether it is satlite or not or am i just trippin

[COLOR=blue]Second question: if i search for supernode using k node and i found list of supernodes all marked with different rangs of respones say from 1 to 14 or wat ever which one do i select
    thanx in advanced B)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by othmanni@17 January 2004 - 16:48
    ok i read what you said more than 10 time and i have 2 question ..
    one is relavent and the other one is not (i dont see that the other queston relevent except it is about kazaa so forgive mu jumps from one subject to another)

First ques: from what u have said.. dose that mean that dial up or DSL is better than satlite connction when it come in using kazaa lite my big confusion here is that i know that kazaa depend only on your download and the upload of other peaple ..
    ok lets say my download speed is 250kB/Ss and i have 45 user on some file and it says that the bandwdith is 150 or whatever this means that weather am using satlite or dsl it all depend on my download speed and thier upload and does not say wether it is satlite or not or am i just trippin

Second question: if i search for supernode using k node and i found list of supernodes all marked with different rangs of respones say from 1 to 14 or wat ever which one do i select
    Latency and bandwidth (speed) are 2 different things.

A 56k modem may have a considerably better latency (for small amounts of data only) than a satellite connection, but NOT (probably) better bandwidth. It&#39;s sort of like a fast car versis a freight train -- which one can HAUL more (bandwidth) or which one can get somewhere quicker (latency)?

http://www.stuartcheshire.org/rants/Latency.html
    Explains it better than I can, even though the topic generally deals with out-of-date things like 28.8k modems&#33;

I don&#39;t know about the second question. It&#39;s true that MANY supernodes are worthless, but I don&#39;t use k node -- I just jump supernodes using KL++ itself and "roll the dice" for what I get. With auto search more, more than 1 supernode is being searched anyway without jumping supernodes -- although some results may be getting lost due to going through bad supernodes.

It&#39;s MORE important to be unfirewalled than get an &#39;excellent&#39; supernode for purposes of getting fast downloads&#33;

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    hey you know what you really deserve more just than 5tar ..being a big help andd all thanx dude
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Originally posted by Spock4@17 January 2004 - 09:22
    Ouch..
    Well get cable...
    or ADSL (phoneline + 100 times faster than dial-up)
    DOES ANYONE HAVE T1???

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    If you got more then one puter.Have the one hooked up with internet as your down loader.

This site is pretty good for tweek&#39;s for your connection.
    http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12