Thread: .avi To Dvd Vob

i recently downloaded the friends seies as .avi files the thing is i want to put them onto dvd but i dont know how to convert them into dvd files ive heard that you have to convert them into vob files.

does anyone know where i can download programmes that do this if so what are they called please help

thanks in advance

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    http://www.imagespro.com/programs/2097/

called EasyX Video Converter
    the crk is available
    super simple drag drop convert - tell me if it does what you need.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    first of all make sure your avi files are over 700mb for movies or as good as you can get or you will have a poor dvd (crap in crap out ).
    second you will need virtualdub this is only needed to check for bad frames (if the avi has bad frames in it you will wast a dvd-r) so open virtualdub load file then go to video and click direct steem same to audio then go to video go down to and click scan video stream for errors, that will scan for errors and report when done, if there is a lot of errors look for another copy if only a few save under another name and that will cut the bad frames out.
    now you have a good avi copy lets convert it
    there are several ways i will go through two
    you will req, nero burning rom and nerovision express (nero 6 has both in ) with the dvd mpeg2 plugin you can buy this from nero or find it on Kazaa dvd mpeg2 plugin is hard to find.
    start nerovision express goto burn video to dvd-video (if this option is not there you havent got the dvd plug-in ) load video the avi will load and do some calculations (final size on dvd) next. here you can name your video and other things i would recomend just name your dvd untill you get better at it go to header/footer text and name your dvd in header text.
    next you can preview it. skip this if you want. next go to prefrences pick pal or ntsc depending on your region then you can either burn it to disc or to hard drive to burn later, one tip purchase a dvd-rw to practise on mark my words you will throw a lot of dvd-r away untill you get some practise in. then wait 2 to 6 hours depending on your system then hey presto a dvd.

next way
    you will need sonic mydvd all to be found on kazaa.
    open sonic click dvd video then create or modify a dvd-video
    next click get movie and load your avi file the click edit video
    new window click edit video go down to send all clips in menu.
    new window look for these and click. entire movie, timeline, then click create then down to dvd without menues. the window that opens saying save as, just close and another window will open here you can name your dvd it will also tell you what drive it is going to write to then put a dvd (do not forget the dvd-rw) in your drive and hit ok and in 2 to 6 hours hey presto you have a dvd to play on your standalone dvd player.

if your movie is upside down dont worry go to efects and click flip vertical the go to yellow line saying flip ver. right click on yellow line, extend to align, the end of movie and your movie will be the correct way up :

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Keighley-England@12 January 2004 - 20:35
    first of all make sure your avi files are over 700mb for movies or as good as you can get or you will have a poor dvd (crap in crap out ).
    second you will need virtualdub this is only needed to check for bad frames (if the avi has bad frames in it you will wast a dvd-r) so open virtualdub load file then go to video and click direct steem same to audio then go to video go down to and click scan video stream for errors, that will scan for errors and report when done, if there is a lot of errors look for another copy if only a few save under another name and that will cut the bad frames out.
    now you have a good avi copy lets convert it
    there are several ways i will go through two
    you will req, nero burning rom and nerovision express (nero 6 has both in ) with the dvd mpeg2 plugin you can buy this from nero or find it on Kazaa dvd mpeg2 plugin is hard to find.
    start nerovision express goto burn video to dvd-video (if this option is not there you havent got the dvd plug-in ) load video the avi will load and do some calculations (final size on dvd) next. here you can name your video and other things i would recomend just name your dvd untill you get better at it go to header/footer text and name your dvd in header text.
    next you can preview it. skip this if you want. next go to prefrences pick pal or ntsc depending on your region then you can either burn it to disc or to hard drive to burn later, one tip purchase a dvd-rw to practise on mark my words you will throw a lot of dvd-r away untill you get some practise in. then wait 2 to 6 hours depending on your system then hey presto a dvd.

next way
    you will need sonic mydvd all to be found on kazaa.
    open sonic click dvd video then create or modify a dvd-video
    next click get movie and load your avi file the click edit video
    new window click edit video go down to send all clips in menu.
    new window look for these and click. entire movie, timeline, then click create then down to dvd without menues. the window that opens saying save as, just close and another window will open here you can name your dvd it will also tell you what drive it is going to write to then put a dvd (do not forget the dvd-rw) in your drive and hit ok and in 2 to 6 hours hey presto you have a dvd to play on your standalone dvd player.

if your movie is upside down dont worry go to efects and click flip vertical the go to yellow line saying flip ver. right click on yellow line, extend to align, the end of movie and your movie will be the correct way up :
    thanks alot i av got that nero 6 and nero vision but not the plugin ill do some research