Thread: Transfererd+completed Dont Match?

hi

im new to e-mule and i think its really slow but then on the upside it has loads of files i couldn't find so i wont moan

anyhuw can someone tell me why after waiting ages for the d\l to start i noticed the transfered column on the second d\l is loads bigger than the completed column
    what has been transfered exactly?????????/

thanx

also does it matter what server i connect to

Edit: the dam pics coming up to small the total in the transfered is 16.73mb and the completed is 7.69mb

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    emule redownloads parts of a file is suspects are corrupt. that is why sometimes you will download 800 MB to complete a 700 MB file.

i don't think it matters what server you connect to. eventually each of your downloads will find all sources available on all servers.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    True, also, eMule compresses the things you download (if that's possible off course).

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    yeh cheers guyz

but know the progress bar jumped from 99.9% down to 51%

WTF :helpsmile:

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Kk4S-HaVoK@12 January 2004 - 14:48
    but know the progress bar jumped from 99.9%  down to 51%
    Look at the status line in the bottom left corner of ur transfer screen or check the log on the server screen: Does either say that part of the file u were dl'ing was corrupted?

Edit: Addressing ur first post now.

Read this FAQ for tips to increase ur speed: http://emuleplus.sourceforge.net/for...showtopic=3475

As far as servers go, I prefer Razorback and SEDG, but everyone tends to have their own favs.

Welcome to eMule! :pirate:
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    it said this so im guessing it was corrupt

12/01/2004 18:44:14: Downloaded part 0 is corrupt (south.park.s4.special.-.dead.friend.sketch.mpg)
    12/01/2004 19:46:30: Downloaded part 0 is corrupt (south.park.s4.special.-.dead.friend.sketch.mpg)

the file wasnt big 22mb but i got 44mb of corruption at the point when it jumped down to 51% so i canceled it

and s.e.d.g is the one i use razorback never connects
    also im usin v0.30e should i change to the one in the link (emuleplus )

cheers

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Kk4S-HaVoK@12 January 2004 - 15:30
    also im usin v0.30e should i change to the one in the link (emuleplus )
    That's up to u. The differences between the two mods isn't drastic. I find the Plus gui more convenient and user friendly. As I have it configured, Plus seems easier on the cpu than eMule did when I used to run her. Some folks like the eye candy - I couldn't care less. The choice between the two really comes down to preference, though, not performance.

That doesn't mean the FAQ link I posted isn't helpful. Some of the tips may be Plus specific but the general concepts apply to all ed2k mods.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ok
    cheers m8 i think i will install plus jus 2 have a look any way

thanx

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by Kk4S-HaVoK@12 January 2004 - 13:30
    the file wasnt big 22mb but i got 44mb of corruption at the point when it jumped down to 51% so i canceled it
    you coulda just left it goin
    like was said, emule will get ya the right file, and toss the corrupted ones

and im usin 0.30e, no probs at all
    but heard good things bout plus as well
    like guit said, its about preference, not performance
    for performance people say overnets better,
    but none have been able to tell me if it handles corruption like emule,
    so i stick with the mule
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@13 January 2004 - 14:49
    for performance people say overnets better
    That is what some ppl say but in my experience I there is no difference in performance. I should add it is rare that my connection isn't instant and that the cumulative speed of my downloads isn't running at my max capacity, so I don't have the complaints that some ppl tend to have.

All things being equal, I'll always opt for the open source program. I can't understand being a proponent of p2p sharing and not supporting the open source programmers.