Thread: What Is "cloning"

Ok i tried to get Adobe CS # 3 from (DIGIBOT) next thing i know they say i should identify my password or else - of course i did then next thing i know they say i need voice. Then next thing i am banned for cloning. Can someone explain please i am puzzled.

clarification is appreciated

lanni

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by lanni@13 January 2004 - 04:48
    Ok i tried to get Adobe CS # 3 from (DIGIBOT) next thing i know they say i should identify my password or else - of course i did then next thing i know they say i need voice.  Then next thing i am banned for cloning. Can someone explain please i am puzzled. 

clarification is appreciated

lanni
    cloning is you being in a room under multiple names from the same ip. could just be some sort of script error. a person would know already if what they looked for is in the room they were currently in. or when they click the pack number after searching via an xdcc search engine if what they are after is in the same room they are queued for something in already. anyway those bans don't last for long.

off-topic: i pm'ed you asking if you posted at mtv under the same name and you never replied. i take it you don't then?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    thanks for the reply slick nick, i had some system probs and i thought i responded, but i rarely visit any other sites and the one in question (MTV) was not me. Is there any way around this banned thing.

lanni

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lanni@13 January 2004 - 13:24
    Is there any way around this banned thing.
    Avoid being in a channel more than once,though if you wasnt it must have been some error as slick nick said

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by lanni@13 January 2004 - 14:24
    thanks for the reply slick nick, i had some system probs and i thought i responded, but i rarely visit any other sites and the one in question (MTV) was not me. Is there any way around this banned thing.

lanni
    request a an ip change from your isp, the you'll have an unbanned address, have a friend download the pack and then send it to you in another room, or look in another room for it.

i was tight with ops in a channel and asked why they don't permantently ban certain users using multiple clones and they told me you can only ban x amount of people and it last x amount of days. you cn try again daily until your address is unbanned.

i'm waiting for a pack to finish which will be at least an hour i can download the app for you, come on the server you're on and send it to you if you'd like. of course you'd have to tell me room, server, bot and trigger.