Thread: Wtf!?!?

Some .avi's I can view, some I can't. I'm using the latest k-lite codecs (pre-beta) and I can't view these things. I've tried MS Media Player, Real, QuickTime, and the ATI file player from my old vid card. No luck. Here's a screen shot, maybe it'll help.

Oh yeah, AVI Preview is a no-go too. Naturally!

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I had a similar screen keep showing on my AVI's too and I reinstalled the codecs and everything was fine. (Must of been something I installed afterwards that conflicted or changed them).

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Old Fella
    For watching any avi's use Videolan or BS Player (from KLite Codec Pack). Between the 2 you should be able to watch any video files.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    VideoLAN is by far the best player..
    Ive seen it play movies perfectly on a pentium 2(600mhz) where BS player and wmp would have jumps freezes etc

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I've been trying videolan, but it crashes about every 3rd movie.......max. Sometimes it crashes right out of the box. I'll have to end task it 4 or 5 times.

Well, technically, it's not a crash, it just won't display the movie. Sound comes in, but the screen is black. If I restart it'll usually play the movie...usually. Sometimes it takes a try or 3.

As a matter of fact, if I try to access ANY of the advanced settings, it instantly crashes back to the desktop. It's causing page faults in my stacks. My stacks are at 32/128 already.....

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Old Fella
    May be a clash of codecs. You should reinstall it and try again. I also assume you have downloaded KLite Codec Pack - use 2.20 as understand there are some probs with latest version.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    :beerchug: Thanks cyril & nogimicks :beerchug:

Problem fixed!!
    Problem? MS Internet Explorer!! :flame:

I uninstalled/re-installed k-lite codecs (v. 220f).
    Uninstalled vlan, downloaded and re-isntalled vlan (v. 0.7.0)
    No go. Still crashes.

I could, all of a sudden, not use this forum. I had to login every time I clicked a thread. I tried to un-install the whore, but it said it couldn't because a previouse update was needing a re-boot. It's been re-booted God knows how many times since the update. Windows had been hanging on reboot, hmmmm....

I used the repair option and now all is well. Imagine, a MS app causing problems! Go figure!!