Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking To Buy A New System.

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by blitz81388@13 January 2004 - 22:35
    If you get seperated parts, you should get a case that already has a power supply, so you won't have to worry about that. Also, get a motherboard that comes with it's own audio system rather than having to pay an extra hundred for that sound audigy 2 thingy. the Asus motherboard mentioned above comes with one of it's own.
    onboard sound is a $ saver, but it will also decrease ur gaming by a small bit cuz ur using the mobo's sound system to run sound if u have a separate sound card, ur performance will be better.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Double Agent
    who cares about sound when u have a ati radeon 9800xt.....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    BANNED
    Originally posted by blitz81388@13 January 2004 - 20:35
    If you get seperated parts, you should get a case that already has a power supply, so you won't have to worry about that. Also, get a motherboard that comes with it's own audio system rather than having to pay an extra hundred for that sound audigy 2 thingy. the Asus motherboard mentioned above comes with one of it's own.
    Audigy2 isnt the only sound card around. About gaming. Well I use 2 speakers and a sub and whenever I go to lan parties I use some headphones, so my onboard sound isn't even used to its full potential. I don't even have the SPDIF bracket installed

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+14 January 2004 - 04:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 14 January 2004 - 04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr. Elmo@13 January 2004 - 20:56
    he said buy...not build.

you could check out ibuypower.com they have some cheap pcs.
    damn u. u beat me to it. dude, i got my comp from ibuypower, at least, most of my comp. so i guess i should say i got a barebone from ibuypower. good company. but expect them to treat u like an idiot. i was screaming at the fucking tech support that didn&#39;t speak english cuz he fucked up my comp when i first got it. but other than that, they&#39;re pretty good. make sure u know a good deal bout comp hardware b4 u buy, so if something isn&#39;t rite, u can&#39;t complain and tell them how stupid their tech support people are. dumb ass motherfucks. they just told me that they don&#39;t ahve any info on my motherboard&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; and they&#39;re selling the fucking thing&#33; dude, the best way to go is to build one. easier, not as much frustrations, and no stupid fucking tech support shitheads to deal with. god i want to kill that stupid "me no speaka english" fuckhead. and i also want to kill the other guy who said that they don&#39;t ahve any additional info on my board&#33; stupid mofos [/b][/quote]
    I was just about to say ask Abu before going with ibuypower.com or whatever the hell it is.

I would say if you plan on making it cheap,build it yourself.That way you get to pick and choose the exact components you want to go with.In the prebuilt system like teh ones from ibuypower.com you end up getting a good CPU,Good PSU or whatever and then a shit mobo,as Abu has gotten and then you end up having to upgrade to get the performance you want out of it.
    Your best bet would be to ask everybody on here exactly what they would choose and why and then try to narrow it down a bit and then start shopping
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by johnboy27+15 January 2004 - 15:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnboy27 @ 15 January 2004 - 15:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 January 2004 - 04:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mr. Elmo
    @13 January 2004 - 20:56
    he said buy...not build.

you could check out ibuypower.com they have some cheap pcs.

damn u. u beat me to it. dude, i got my comp from ibuypower, at least, most of my comp. so i guess i should say i got a barebone from ibuypower. good company. but expect them to treat u like an idiot. i was screaming at the fucking tech support that didn&#39;t speak english cuz he fucked up my comp when i first got it. but other than that, they&#39;re pretty good. make sure u know a good deal bout comp hardware b4 u buy, so if something isn&#39;t rite, u can&#39;t complain and tell them how stupid their tech support people are. dumb ass motherfucks. they just told me that they don&#39;t ahve any info on my motherboard&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; and they&#39;re selling the fucking thing&#33; dude, the best way to go is to build one. easier, not as much frustrations, and no stupid fucking tech support shitheads to deal with. god i want to kill that stupid "me no speaka english" fuckhead. and i also want to kill the other guy who said that they don&#39;t ahve any additional info on my board&#33; stupid mofos
    I was just about to say ask Abu before going with ibuypower.com or whatever the hell it is.

I would say if you plan on making it cheap,build it yourself.That way you get to pick and choose the exact components you want to go with.In the prebuilt system like teh ones from ibuypower.com you end up getting a good CPU,Good PSU or whatever and then a shit mobo,as Abu has gotten and then you end up having to upgrade to get the performance you want out of it.
    Your best bet would be to ask everybody on here exactly what they would choose and why and then try to narrow it down a bit and then start shopping [/b][/quote]
    do u think this is a good idea:
    i&#39;m gonna tell them my mobo and my hsf is broken. they replace it, and then i sell the brand new mobo and hsf on ebay. then i get myself a asus p4c800 or w/e they&#39;re called. then i get a aero 4 for my cpu. is that a good idea?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    If they&#39;ll go for it...then i sure as hell would do it.Even if they don&#39;t go for it you could always just sell your board for part of the cash you need for the new board.I generally sell my used parts for half of what I am paying for my new parts.If not half of the new parts price then at least half of what I paid for the part I am selling when I bought it.

Why don&#39;t you check to see if there are any buy and sell newsgroups on the net that are close to you.that is where I got alot of my parts.My mobo ,ram and CPU were bought from a local newsgroup and I got brand new parts threw a guy who runs a shop from home.I payed about 40 bucks less than I would have at a store for each part at the time.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by johnboy27@15 January 2004 - 15:18
    If they&#39;ll go for it...then i sure as hell would do it.Even if they don&#39;t go for it you could always just sell your board for part of the cash you need for the new board.I generally sell my used parts for half of what I am paying for my new parts.If not half of the new parts price then at least half of what I paid for the part I am selling when I bought it.

Why don&#39;t you check to see if there are any buy and sell newsgroups on the net that are close to you.that is where I got alot of my parts.My mobo ,ram and CPU were bought from a local newsgroup and I got brand new parts threw a guy who runs a shop from home.I payed about 40 bucks less than I would have at a store for each part at the time.
    they&#39;ll fall for anything. their tech boys are a bunch of brainless shitheads. lol. well, i&#39;ll try it out. should i get an abit or asus? cuz i&#39;m kinda liking how the p4800 or w/e has AI and it mentions that all the options are unlocked for u to oc to ur needs. abit doesn&#39;t mention a lot bout this.

and btw, i was thinking of selling it on ebay. since i&#39;ll get them to send me a new hsf and mobo, they&#39;re both be brand new when i sell them. about this newsgroup thing, how does it work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12