Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking To Buy A New System.

i just got a new job and they're paying me $10/hour and since i live with my parents and they take care of all my living expenses i'll have the money for a new computer in no time at all. i'm kinda done w/ buying the normal stuff from gateway and dell and shit and i was just wandering what are some really good computer companies. i've been looking at some alianware stuff but imo the cases don't really look all that cool and it kinda makes me feel like i'm paying an extra few hundred for a damn case. so if you guys could throw some ideas my way that'd be very much appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    What is your budget? What do you want your computer for?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i'm willing to go as high as $1000 but i really would rather not go too far over $700. i want it for gaming, graphics design, and website design.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Amd AthlonXP Barton 2600+
    Asus A7N8X - Deluxe
    512 PC3200 DDR SD-RAM
    nVidia 5900 or nVidia 5900SE or ATI Radeon 9700Pro
    120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    A neat case and PSU

That should be around 700 dollars

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    he said buy...not build.

you could check out ibuypower.com they have some cheap pcs.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Hey! Buying is BUYING. I would still recommend you go through with that and build the computer yourself. It can be very entertaining and you can learn a lot

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Double Agent
    very nice choice dwk, bond's choice as well

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@13 January 2004 - 20:56
    he said buy...not build.

you could check out ibuypower.com they have some cheap pcs.
    damn u. u beat me to it. dude, i got my comp from ibuypower, at least, most of my comp. so i guess i should say i got a barebone from ibuypower. good company. but expect them to treat u like an idiot. i was screaming at the fucking tech support that didn't speak english cuz he fucked up my comp when i first got it. but other than that, they're pretty good. make sure u know a good deal bout comp hardware b4 u buy, so if something isn't rite, u can't complain and tell them how stupid their tech support people are. dumb ass motherfucks. they just told me that they don't ahve any info on my motherboard!!!! and they're selling the fucking thing! dude, the best way to go is to build one. easier, not as much frustrations, and no stupid fucking tech support shitheads to deal with. god i want to kill that stupid "me no speaka english" fuckhead. and i also want to kill the other guy who said that they don't ahve any additional info on my board! stupid mofos

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Double Agent
    i mean well D'UH anybody competent enough would build his/her own system

i've build a quite a few myself

it's not complicated

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    If you get seperated parts, you should get a case that already has a power supply, so you won't have to worry about that. Also, get a motherboard that comes with it's own audio system rather than having to pay an extra hundred for that sound audigy 2 thingy. the Asus motherboard mentioned above comes with one of it's own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast