Thread: Dodgy Hl2 File ?

Hi all, just downloaded the (old news I know) HL2 Beta at 1.4GB there and seem to be having a problem copying/unrarring the files. The rar file #28 seems to be corrupt in some way. If I try and Unrar it or copy it, the system crashes, forcing a re-boot. I'm gonna try and fix the file with whatever progs I find online.

Has anyone had the same problem before or does anyone have any suggestions ?

p.s No sarcasm plz
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    one thing u can do is replace it
    there are channels out there dedicated to replacing corrupted rar parts (yes, it's known as parts).

http://www.incomplete.me.uk/
    this website will help u on what to do further

ur system crashed? what OS r u using? what archiver r u using, winzip, winrar etc?

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanx for the reply gildan, much appreciated , I'm running XP Pro/Winrar 3.20 and don't have or never really had any other probs before with Rar files. I'll try the link you supplied then post back with some results later(hopefully).

Cheers

Update:
    I found out that a likely cause of this is due to resuming a download from a different channel on IRC, so I'll just download the whole thing again from the one channel this time.
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ermm...u dun have to redownload the whole thing again
    with the link i supplied u, u just download the replacement for ur corrupted rar part, that'll save more time

sometimes, resuming from different channels aren't the only factors...it might b cause by the way ur download is packaged before it is distributed to the whole world or many other reasons. just fyi

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Sorted I just left it downloading overnight and it's ok.