Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 64bit Processor + Motherboard

64 bit>> as most of u know, this is new technology and future Microsoft Operating System required them to run.

i am about to build up a new system, just wanna check if it is worth buying it??

any suggestions would be helpful

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    don't buy it yet. the 64 bit processors havn't reached their zenith in speeds and power yet. stick with a 32bit till the 64's get more developed

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by mEtho@14 January 2004 - 06:02
    64 bit>> as most of u know, this is new technology and future Microsoft Operating System required them to run.

I do not believe that this is true.
    MS will release a 64bit version of XP soon, but it will be quite a while before you must have a 64bit chip to run Windows.

I too would recommend waiting a bit, along with the 64bit chips there are also advances in memory (DDR2) and HDDs ( SATA will completely take over) that will quickly arrive and costs should drop, as historically they have done.

I have also read of a whole new motherboard form factor that is immenent ( not too sure of the timetable) that might be worth waiting for if it's not too far in the future.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I would wait for sure
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    this is why i cant stand computers, no matter how much u upgrade, theres always something better you can get

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@14 January 2004 - 16:48
    this is why i cant stand computers, no matter how much u upgrade, theres always something better you can get
    then y r u using one?

anyways, intel's p w/e with 64 bit will rape amd's. do the fx 51's oc?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@14 January 2004 - 21:48
    See Thats the trouble.... something is always just comming out soon. And prices are always droping. If we kept waiting for that next price drop we would always want that next upgrade thatsout of our price range. We would never upgrade....

64 bit I think will be out big time by 2005.

unreal tourment 2005 will be a game on 64 bit tech.

Their are benchmarks out now with 64 bit windows showing about a 4.7 % increse

I dont think upgrading to another 32 bit processer is a smart idea...

Not that Im saying to run out and buy it right now . My next pc will be 64 bit...

The amd 64 bit 3400 will oc. It was done up to a 2.42 or arround a 3600

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+14 January 2004 - 17:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 14 January 2004 - 17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@14 January 2004 - 16:48
    then y r u using one?

anyways, intel&#39;s p w/e with 64 bit will rape amd&#39;s. do the fx 51&#39;s oc? [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think that will be true at all, most likly it will be the same as the 32bit processors are when compared, and yes the fx is overclockable.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+14 January 2004 - 18:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 14 January 2004 - 18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@14 January 2004 - 16:48
    then y r u using one?

anyways, intel&#39;s p w/e with 64 bit will rape amd&#39;s. do the fx 51&#39;s oc? [/b][/quote]
    Abu, do you mean the 64 bit processors that they dont even have? The ones that are based on articheture that they dont want to embrace or develop yet?

Oh btw, the FX&#39;s are unlocked.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+14 January 2004 - 23:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 14 January 2004 - 23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 January 2004 - 18:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater
    @14 January 2004 - 16:48

then y r u using one?

anyways, intel&#39;s p w/e with 64 bit will rape amd&#39;s. do the fx 51&#39;s oc?
    Abu, do you mean the 64 bit processors that they dont even have? The ones that are based on articheture that they dont want to embrace or develop yet?

Oh btw, the FX&#39;s are unlocked. [/b][/quote]
    ok. well, as long as they&#39;re ocable, they&#39;re good. u never know, intel will bring out the big guns soon. at least, as soon as more and more 64bit software are available. they amd will shrink to nothing. but then again, if u oc it, then ok. but if u don&#39;t, intel will win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast