Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Games I'm Planning On Getting

Poster
    I can get each of these games for around $15. These are a list of Xbox games I really, really want.

Prince Of Persia – Sands Of Time
    Enter The Matrix
    XIII
    Star Wars – Knights Of The Old Republic
    Rainbow Six 3
    Judge Dread
    GTA Double Pack

Have any of you played any of them and can tell me if they're not all they're cracked up to be?

If I can find a rental version of PoP on PS2 I can play it on there for around $1 and see if I enjoy it and then get it for Xbox.

Is SW - KOTOR fun? Is it turn-based combat (which I hate) or is like Blade Of Darkness etc?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Let me just say that Star wars KOTOR is kicks ass . Then again I love it so much I might not be the best person to get an opinon from. Speaking of wich, I just beat KOTOR for the second time about an hour ago(total time was 41 hours ). I went back over and did quests I didn't do before. Yet under certain cuircumstances, I still didn't do all of them(I mean events in the game 'cuircumstances&#39. The game is slow at first, and quite boring. About an hour into it, and once you get to dantooine, or late Taris, it'll start getting real fun. Just don't cheat on it . I'd say get it just because of the amount of replay value. Last time I killed this dark sided jedi named juhani(because I was evil ), this time I saved her and she came with me. I found out about HK-47(didn't know about this guy untill I played a second time, now he combat droid). Good game man, I hate turn-based combat too, but this game impliments it very well

As far as the other games...who cares

3. Games   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    SW: KOTOR is a great choice in the X-Box games - I finished it yesterday and it was one of the best games in its genre I've played in a while

It has a bit of turn-based combat - Evident from the use of AD&D rules that most modern turn-based RPGs (with or without kobolds) have. The battle itself is done in real-time though (i.e. not turn-based action), but the trick is that you have the ability to pause mid-game so you can tell your characters what you want them to do and unpause to see how they do it (Good combat tip - Master Flurry with your main character armed with two lightsabers kicks ass! )

The only thing I'd watch out for is the bugs - There are a lot of bugs. My honest recommendation is if you're getting KOTOR, get it for the PC. It removes a lot of the XBox bugs and is generally more harder (though it's not really a problem ). It also adds some more stuff into it, but if you're planning to get X-Box Live with another game then that isn't much of an advantage

And as Cade says, there's a lot of replay value in it To get the full satisfaction you need to play it through twice (once doing good/light, the other doing evil/dark). The story changes significantly in each time.

One note though - If you're gonna use a guide, only use the parts you're truly stuck on - This is because two-thirds into the game, there is a bloody good twist which you don't want spoiled. It's one of the few I didn't get until I saw it

Other than that, I'd recommend Halo: Combat Evolved and Project Gotham Racing 2. Of the list, I'd go for XIII

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    How does the combat work in KOTOR? Like a normal 3rd person action? Press R trigger or something to fire at enemies etc.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    No, its more like...

-> Give party members a list of stuff to do
    -> sit back and watch them do it (or take control of lead character)
    -> pause half way to give further instructions
    -> sit back and watch them do it (or take control of lead character)
    -> curse like hell at [removed] because he killed you for the seventh time in a row.

-illuminati
    my personal choice was a double bladed lightsabre. damage range 7-30 (twice!&#33 with an extra +2-12 bonus on a critical hit - possible to nuke 100 odd hitpoints in one strike. Combined with Sneak attack (I was a scoundrel) = just about anything dead.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    When you say you take control of the lead character, is it turn based then, or can you push buttons to fight like a traditional 3rd person game? Like Jedi Acadamy.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

7. Games   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It's pretty much like a commander's Jedi Knight IMHO

It's a case of targetting someone nearby, telling whichever characters you want to do what you want (the rest have automated scripts to define their behaviour, which you don't have/aren't able to modify), unpause the game, watch the battle happen, and pause to add/change orders when you want.

You can influence some stuff - e.g. you can give your characters items if they need them, and you can move or use special abilities within the battle. e.g. you can use an ability called Stealth, which is simply a case of cloaking yourself and sneaking up behind your enemies, pulling out your weapon to get them square in the back of the head...

In the end though, yep combat's basically pressing buttons for actions and moving about.

@ Project

It's true that a double-bladed lightsaber is the most powerful of the melee weapons, especially Darth Bandon's unique saber But personally, I preferred the dual lightsabers myself; each one gave about 20-30 damage each. Times by two, times by another 2-3 attacks per turn due to Master Flurry. Do the math and you'll see why I love dual lightsabers.

There's also the fact that you can add twice as many enhancing crystals (4) with dual than you can with a double-bladed (2)....

Alright! Two lightsabers just look too bloody cool when fighting

With them, there wasn't a single battle that was hard for me Not even the final battle with [removed]

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Damn... That's dissapointing

I was hoping for some RT-Fighting like in Morrowind.

I hate Turn Based!
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

9. Games   -   #9
    its not really turn based. Personally i didn't like the game and enver got very far. I also didnt like the graphics.

I was really looking forward to it but was very dissapointed with the whole party thing. I suggest buying or maybe renting Deus Ex. Invisible War. Not as good as it seems but still bad ass(kinda easy though) Little tip for the game :although it brags about being personalized such as join diffrent factions, it enver really matter all that much so don't get to worried about your choices.

GTA Vice City double pack is pretty cool and not really an exact copy of the ps2 version either.

Ive never heard of Judge Dread but I lvoe the storyline. Anyone played it?

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    I'm going to have to cut down that list to a smaller one.

So far I think I'm definately getting GTA: Double Pack and KOTOR. I'm going to try play PoP on a PS2 rental and see if I like it. I might also get Rainbow Six or Judge Dredd. Maybe I should get LA True Crimes

I'm getting a PS2 chip, but only to play PS2 exsclusives such as Manhunt.

If a game is multi-platform, I'll get it on XBOX, the better version
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast