1. I have PS2, Xbox and Dreamcast
2. I have PS2 and Xbox in my room on my TV
3. The Dreamcast is NTSC, so it can't be played on a PAL TV, it comes out in Black and white without sound.
4. I have the Dreamcast in my TV room, connected to a 150CM Flatscreen TV which is multi-system so the DC works fine.
5.The TV room is only good at night because it's ultra bright in there, plus the large TV doesn't do much justice to the Dreamcast's low-res graphics.
6. I can get a Dreamcast color mod for $20. There's an Internal one which only works with RCA cables and an External one which works with RF Cables but is less reliable.
7. My TV Is RF only and my VCR is RF + RCA
8. The guys at the store say that I can connect the Dreamcast to my VCR with RCA cables and then have an RF cable connecting the VCR to the TV's RF port.
9. I have a Dreamcast RCA Cable + An RF Cable which I bought off Ebay, so it's an NTSC RF Cable and I have a pal TV.
10. The NTSC RF Cable had the end modified by an electrician so the pins are the right format for PAL RF Standards, but the DC Still comes out in black and white whether connected straight to the VCR with RCA cables or to the TV with the RF cable
11. I tried using my Xbox with the method I'm planning on using... Xbox connected to VCR by RCA cables, VCR-RF Out connected to TV RF In with an RF Cable. But no picture came through. I think it will only work if I have either Xbox to VCR with an RF cable and VCR-RF Out connected to TV RF In or Xbox to VCR with RCA cable and VCR -RCA out connected to a TV RCA-In (Which I don't have on my TV) I don't think it works with mixing two cables together (RCA and RF) Or can it? Is there something I can do that will get my consoles to work that way? Special RF cables or something.
12. The guys at the game store assure me that the Dreamcast will run fine with that method, and will only work with the Dreamcast, so he says that the fact that the XBox not working that way is normal. I'm not so sure though. How can a color chip change the way a VCR converts an RCA signal to an RF one?
13. What should I do?
A. Spend $20 and take the risk of it not working, but if it does work, I have all my consoles + games in one room where I can play all the time in a dark enviroment perfect for gaming
B. Just leave the DC in the TV room and get blinds or something to make the room darker and find away to make the TV picture smaller, but then it's kind of wierd because 2 consoles are in one room and 1 console is in another
C. Move the PS2 and the XBox to the TV room so all consoles are together without spending any extra cash, but changing my gaming atmosphere to something where I can only play when people in my house aren't watching TV instead of just being able to play in my room when I want?