Thread: Ie6 Downloading Problem

Poster
    many times when i try to download something off of ie6, it says its complete and doesnt download the entire file, what could be the problem? should i change browsers?

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    anyone? i can barely ever download full files w/o getting an error message :helpsmile:

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Not a bad idea at any rate. Netscape 7.1 is nice. It doesn't like as many sites as MSE, but it's fast and stable. I'm using SlimBrowser, it runs on the MSE core, but a hell of a lot nicer.

You might want to try reinstalling MSE. It'll usually give you a 'repair' option. Try it. If it still acts squirlly, try to uninstall/reinstall the whole app. If it won't let you do an uninstall, find the installer itself. It should be 'ie6setup.exe' in the Internet Explorer folder. Use it to reinstall the bitch.

NOTE: You may have to copy the ie6setup.exe file to your desktop for it to work as a stand-alone app. It'll tell you that you have the latest version already and recommend you keep it. Ignore it and reinstall the dog. Then go to W$ndows update and make sure it's updated.

I honestly think Billy Gates likes to piss us off. It makes the MCSE more valuable.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    if you're looking for an alternative i would recommend opera, but i think you should re-install i.e. or use system restore to fix the problem.
    Robert00000

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I agree. Try reinstalling IE which might repair any missing files or registry settings. Remember to back up your bookmarks just in case. Sometimes, IE likes to completely re-install all files.

Once done, if you're looking for another browser, I recommend Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird. Both of which are free.

Sam