Thread: Uncomfortable Silences

Poster
    i'm not really using MSN messenger as much just now as i used to. Among the list of reasons why i'm not using it is the "uncomfortable silences" problem

over the time i've had msn, i've accumulated quite a large number of contacts (37 at the moment, i think)

i only frequently talk to about 4 or 5 of those on my list, the rest of the people i talk to either infrequently or not at all

when i see the people that i don't talk to sign in, i feel very awkward, i don't know if i should try to speak to them or if they might be speaking to other people or they might be related to the account owners or what...

anyway, i just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem and any mesaures they took to solve/ease the situation...?

tia for any help/advice
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Yeah i have the problem. If you have nothing importing to tell them then you shouldn't have the obligation to talk.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i have this prob. about 1/4 of my contact list on aim are people that i don't even remember from a long time ago. i don't even know some of their names! try talkin to them! ha. hello, who r u again? lol.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Change email adress?

Problem solved

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    If you don't chat with them anymore, just remove them from your contact list.
    If they really want to get in touch, they still have your email addy.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    It is just as easy for the to speak to you first, so you are not obligated to make the first move. If you were in the pub and recognised a guy coming in but you were with your close pals would you go over and speak to him, or just leave it thinking, &#39;I will catch him later on&#39;? It&#39;s not worth getting phased about I think, just my opinion.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    yeah remove them or block them upto you though. i only had that porb with one so i locked him cause i didnt know why he was on there anyway i had forgotten

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Out of The Ordinary
    Delete or block them

BOT