Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intrusion

I am receiving 1 intrusion every 10 sec. My ISP doesnt assign me a static ip. I have zonealarm. How the fuck do i stop these intrusion. Internet is fucking slow.
    I am on 3mbps connection but i get 10kbps(max) even from download.com. Rogers technical support sucks and i talked to them already. They told me to turn off my modem and computer for 7 fucking days and try it other that. My account is getting flooded here, how do i stop this. :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    this is a long shot but perhaps its worth mentioning, If you choose certain ports as your incoming connection (as with p2p), firewalls recognise it as a trojan attack (or at least norton does)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I am using Emule. Port 4661 incoming

Edit: I know that these intrusions have nothing to do with any of the p2p clients.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    no problem there then

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Retired
    scan your pc for adware/ spyware maybe that will help.

{I}{K}{E}

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@14 January 2004 - 15:25
    They told me to turn off my modem and computer for 7 fucking days and try it other that.
    wtf?
    dude, with RR if ya ever have a prob they say to diconnect for maybe a few minutes at most

well, but then i got a static ip

can you maybe get the ip range theyre using?
    i mean, even if it is dynamic, they still have a range, right?
    have that range listed in your f/w as allowed is what im getting at,
    if its possible
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    When did this problem start? if its the result of software (includes skyware , viruses etc.) changes then the best solution is to use system restore (if you have this available).

System Restore is the best quick fix for any software problem.
    Robert00000

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I have scanned my system for virii/spyware/ad-aware. I have the ip range but i will post it later on. Right now i am trying to restore my system.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@14 January 2004 - 17:25
    I am receiving 1 intrusion every 10 sec. My ISP doesnt assign me a static ip. I have zonealarm. How the fuck do i stop these intrusion. Internet is fucking slow.
    I am on 3mbps connection but i get 10kbps(max) even from download.com. Rogers technical support sucks and i talked to them already. They told me to turn off my modem and computer for 7 fucking days and try it other that. My account is getting flooded here, how do i stop this.  :helpsmile:
    A static ip would only make it worse. Especially if your a residential customer instead of a business one. Once you get that static ip it can never be changed.............your stuck with it.

I like static ip. But if you have attempts being done by someone who just has it in for your ip address then at least it wont be as bad if you had an ip that changes periodically.

@Robert00000

Before norton products existed I would say your right. But for people who use norton av and other norton products which a lot of people do, it disables system restore. Dont ask me why............ but I think its real stupid because system restore can help out a great deal, or sometimes its not always good to have it enabled......... so Ive heard

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by shn@15 January 2004 - 12:28
    But for people who use norton av and other norton products which a lot of people do, it disables system restore. Dont ask me why............ but I think its real stupid because system restore can help out a great deal, or sometimes its not always good to have it enabled......... so Ive heard
    nah, norton doesnt disable system restore
    they recommend that you disable it to completely rid yourself of an infection
    then reboot, then you can enable it again, no biggie
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast