Thread: Cdrw Problem?

Today i bout a mitsubishi cdrw cd that was like 700mb and i bunt mp3's on it and then i put it in my mp3 player which i know can support cdrw's and it said it had no disk.

Is it because the cd is 700 mb or sumthing else plz help

2. Music   -   #2
    I dont really know if this helps so just check it ok.

I also recently bought a new cdrw that has a capacity of 700mb per disc.
    I bought 3 different cdrw to check which one was best the two cdrw works fine when i tried the 3rd one it didnt read any disc, like i didnt put a disc in. So i tried adjustting the lens (I think) made a few test and now it works fine and so far there isnt a problem.

3. Music   -   #3
    Originally posted by paulseth@15 January 2004 - 22:42
    I dont really know if this helps so just check it ok.

I also recently bought a new cdrw that has a capacity of 700mb per disc.
    I bought 3 different cdrw to check which one was best the two cdrw works fine when i tried the 3rd one it didnt read any disc, like i didnt put a disc in. So i tried adjustting the lens (I think) made a few test and now it works fine and so far there isnt a problem.
    so you think that if i buy a cdrw that is 650mb it will work?

plus how do you adjust your laser? i have a napa dav-316 mp3 player any tips.

4. Music   -   #4
    What i have heard is that cdrw have some sort of protection and that you cant play them in cd players.... So i think you have to use cdr

5. Music   -   #5
    Originally posted by Funkadelic@16 January 2004 - 11:53
    What i have heard is that cdrw have some sort of protection and that you cant play them in cd players.... So i think you have to use cdr
    No i know my mp3 player supports cdrw's because i have played cdrw's on it before

6. Music   -   #6
    Originally posted by Funkadelic@15 January 2004 - 19:53
    LOL
    not true
    as for the problem, it may be the actual files that were put on the cd, you sure their all mp3? they could be wma or something that your mp3 player may not read
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

7. Music   -   #7
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Did you just dump em on the disc, or are they in folders?

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. Music   -   #8
    Originally posted by Sparsely@16 January 2004 - 14:04
    Did you just dump em on the disc, or are they in folders?
    They are in folders and i have had no problem with playing cdrws before but they load a bit slower than cdrs

9. Music   -   #9
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    CD-RW's are notorious for being particularly bad at being audio CD's. Try a normal CD-R. I've seen this problem before, and this suggestion seemed to work.

10. Music   -   #10
    internet.news
    Originally posted by 2Pac_4_Life@15 January 2004 - 11:17
    Today i bout a mitsubishi cdrw cd that was like 700mb and i bunt mp3's on it and then i put it in my mp3 player which i know can support cdrw's and it said it had no disk.

Is it because the cd is 700 mb or sumthing else plz help
    I have a MP3 Player as well - RedStar on ebay - and he played all my one CDRW with MP3s. But probably it depends on how you burn the MP3 on the RW:

As I remember, you can burn each file by file in Windows Explorer on a CDRW like on a floppy or you can burn at once.

Try to burn at once. Maybe that is better, but if you burn at once I don't know, if you can burn new files a second time.