Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comparisons

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    There seems to be interest in comparing system specs of late, the arrival of MadCat's ubermachine touched off the most recent round.
    So far though, the benchmark of choice has been the AquaMark test, which, interesting as it may be, is really so heavily weighted towards graphics performance, that it is useless as an all around comparison.

There has been discussion of this very thing at the OC forum also...current thoughts are that the Sandra Performance Index Wizard is a valid and easy way to directly compare one PC to another.
    The test takes only a few minutes ( mostly depending on your HDD size) and gives a all around look at your machine...not just the video performance.

I would like to see how BigDawgs better memory compares to mine and also how MadCat's monster does...

Here's me...

I purposely did not include the last LAN/bandwidth section as this is just dependent on your ISP, so there's not a lot that you can do about it...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    a link to the thing would be nice...

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oooppsie!

I assumed that every already had it...silly me.

SiSoft Sandra
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    he meant a link to ur stats. and would also be helpful if u can post ur comps specs

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    no, I wanted a link to the app...
    but all the download links at said site are broken.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@16 January 2004 - 01:42
    he meant a link to ur stats. and would also be helpful if u can post ur comps specs
    looks to me like he meant a link to the program...

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sparsely@16 January 2004 - 01:50
    no, I wanted a link to the app...
    but all the download links at said site are broken.
    http://www.sisoftware.net
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Duffman's Avatar Poster

my scores sucked compared to clocker

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Well I don't think you would want mine....but whatever

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Clocker, the reason why the Aquamark3 test is excellent is the fact that it has a results comparison database in which people with different systems can compare performance of CPU and GPU with the same test.

Look closely at the results: you will see a CPU and a GFX score, which are computed separately from your Aquamark3 score itself. The Aquamark3 score (in thousands) is the average frames per second your system gets during the benchmark.

The disadvantage of the Sandra benchmarks is the variablity of scores dependent on which version the user has installed. If my computer is working correctly, you liked to a version from several years ago, while I am running Sandra 2004. How do you intend to draw a conclusion when from tests results from different software?

Edit: here is my score:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast