Thread: Everibody Who's Running P4 3.2gig Hp

pentium4 3.2Ghz hyper threding cpu temp goes up to 60 degrees i think it's too hot for pentium. if there is anybody else with same processor would you let me know what is cpu temp or if somebody knows how hot it is max to get.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by indrek75@15 January 2004 - 06:32
    pentium4 3.2Ghz hyper threding cpu temp goes up to 60 degrees i think it's too hot for pentium. if there is anybody else with same processor would you let me know what is cpu temp or if somebody knows how hot it is max to get.
    I think that your question shouldn't be "How hot is the max", but rather " How can I lower these temps?".

You reach 60C doing what, exactly?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    it goes up to 60c whwn i converting dvd's or playing games, but when comuter does nothing then lowest i've seen is 45C normally it's 47-50C

Sorry about my english, it's not my first language and am not sure when i do a mistake. Thanks

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I think you need to get you some more fans in that computer and get you a bigger heat sink and fan for your proc

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    With what program are you reading your temps? Or from the BIOS?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by indrek75@15 January 2004 - 15:03
    it goes up to 60c whwn i converting dvd's or playing games, but when comuter does nothing then lowest i've seen is 45C normally it's 47-50C

Sorry about my english, it's not my first language and am not sure when i do a mistake. Thanks
    I'm wondering if you have the correct heatsink and fan for this system and wheather you put the heatsink compound (paste) on properly, if at all.

Have you overclocked the processor? or there's the possibility it was mislabeled as higher than it actually is. I've heard of AMD processors being sold higher rated than they are.

I would suggest if you built the system yourself, to remove the hsf and look underneath to see if the compound is correctly placed and also make sure you have the correct hsf. For a processor this powerful you should have the biggest fan on the market. You should see the one i have on my athlon 2000+
    Robert00000

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I have the P4 3.0 GHZ HT 800 fsb fitted with stock intel fan retail boxed.
    My temps never go above 50c even when encododing mpegs avi for dvds, idle temps about 38c when pc has been all day.

I use the gigabyte utility that comes with the MOBO to measure temps , seems about the same as what the bios reads , the cpu fan is heat sensing and i can hear the rpm change dependant on load,
    perhaps that might not be working on your system 60c does seem a bit high for a P4
    Give me a ping Vassili - one ping only

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    lol those are high check if the heatsink levers arent on the same side they are suppose to be opposite (1 up and 1 down)

My Blog
    I'm still here.