Thread: Just My 2penno' Worth

For quite a while I have been using Klite from version 2.1 upto 2.4.3. And now (just lately) all of a sudden KLite 2.4.3 just continually crashes. I even tried CleanKMD, but that did the same, as as did Klite R2.7 or whatever it is called, Resurrection, I think.
    I put all my shared and downloaded files into a temp folder on the root of a drive, ie M\temp, but it still crashed.....aaaarggggh!

So, then I found an older version, 2.1, and it has been running for 3 days now without crashing once.

Anybody know why this is?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Yeah, I know why now!
    I did some experimenting with Klite 2.6Pr. I installed it and let it choose its own default shared folder. Result was it did not crash; then I changed the shred folder to the temp one I created ages ago, and has some .dat files in from partially completed downloads. Result was it crashed! So I deleted all the .dat files and started afresh.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    That was gonna be my suggestion. Corrupted .dat files are a pain in the ass. You should have just put them back one at time and fired up k-lite until you found the bad one(s). It was prob just one file causing all the fuss.
    Glad you fixed it though.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!