Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im A New Member And I Can't Except Pm's

Poster
    Hi i joined the board about a week ago because a friend suggested it to me as a great resource to use when having problems with your computer.

When you post something is there a place where it goes for easy access a collection of all the posts that a user has done.

PM
    i posted a topic asking for information on a topic, wishing for anyone who saw it to PM me, this is the way my friend suggested. due to the nature of the information i was asking for. where do the PM's go, (i would ask my friend but he is not home at the moment) and it told me that i can't PM because i do not have enough posts, what is the required amount?

Any information helping me would be great!

Ben
    <span style='color:blue'>Ben</span>

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    muchspl2
    I believe its 5 post
    should just ask you question in software or hardware world

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i suggest replying to this topic....erm how dyou find us?
    <insert signature here>

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Out of The Ordinary
    When you post something is there a place where it goes for easy access a collection of all the posts that a user has done.
    Click a members profile and click "Find all posts by this member".

PM
    i posted a topic asking for information on a topic, wishing for anyone who saw it to PM me, this is the way my friend suggested. due to the nature of the information i was asking for. where do the PM&#39;s go, (i would ask my friend but he is not home at the moment) and it told me that i can&#39;t PM because i do not have enough posts, what is the required amount?
    You&#39;ll need 5 posts before You can use the PM system.

Welcome aBoard

BOT

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Ben Hayes@18 January 2004 - 00:59
    Hi i joined the board about a week ago because a friend suggested it to me as a great resource to use when having problems with your computer.

PM
    i posted a topic asking for information on a topic, wishing for anyone who saw it to PM me, this is the way my friend suggested. due to the nature of the information i was asking for. where do the PM&#39;s go, (i would ask my friend but he is not home at the moment) and it told me that i can&#39;t PM because i do not have enough posts, what is the required amount?

Any information helping me would be great&#33;

Ben
    You can click on a Users name to view the posts of this User.

Yes, this board is a really nice place and there are nice opened people

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    With this bullshit about Post counts

Why doesn&#39;t;t 7th give a member the option to turn the dam thing off or on

that way you can keep everyone happy

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I think a minimum of 5 posts before being able to PM is a great idea.
    Think of all the zero post members who don&#39;t contribute in any way whatsoever.

Why should they have full access to the functionality of this board when all they&#39;re doing is the forum equivalent of leaching?

Edit: btw, please don&#39;t think this little rant is aimed at you, Ben Hayes.
    That&#39;s not my intention. Welcome to the board and keep on postin&#39;

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@18 January 2004 - 18:17
    I think a minimum of 5 posts before being able to PM is a great idea.
    Think of all the zero post members who don&#39;t contribute in any way whatsoever.

Why should they have full access to the functionality of this board when all they&#39;re doing is the forum equivalent of leaching?

Edit: btw, please don&#39;t think this little rant is aimed at you, Ben Hayes.
    That&#39;s not my intention. Welcome to the board and keep on postin&#39;
    yeah

been discussed before its so members don&#39;t spam with PMs
    at least with 5 posts the mods will get their address

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9

I think it&#39;s unfortunate you have such a distrust of zero post members. Why does it matter if they just want to read the forum and not write any or many messages? It&#39;s not as if they are harming anyone else. It&#39;s just like someone listening to a conversation in an open place, but not doing any speaking themselves.

I am a member of several different online forums, and I don&#39;t have time to contribute to them all (this is my favourite forum, by the way), so I just read them occasionally.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    No no no. You misunderstand me.

I don&#39;t distrust them at all. I quite understand that some people would feel intimidated by what goes on in this forum sometimes, or that they simply don&#39;t have the time or inclination to post.

I merely think that if folks want access to the full features of the forum (like PMs for example), then they should be obliged to contribute.
    That&#39;s all I I meant. If you&#39;d bothered to read my entire post instead of going off half cocked, it would have been perfectly clear.

By the way, I don&#39;t know about you Sparkle, but my definition of people who listen in on other folk&#39;s conversations without taking part is "Eavesdroppers" or "FBI agents". You can take that to mean whatever you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast