Thread: Encoding Help Needed

hi
    ive posted about this problem b4! basically im trying to encode OUT OF TIME from AVI to MPEG for dvd player usage, im using TMPGenc for the job but my output file never has any sound even though the sound on the original AVI file is perfect!!! now a fellow boardmember told me to use VIRTUALDUB,extract the audio and try that method using TMPGenc, i did this but then when i went to watch the finished product the audio was all out of synch with the picture!

do i have any other options which could solve this problem? is there a way of making the audio from VIRTUAL DUB match up properly?

any help would be great

thanks
    shane

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    you need to remove bad frames before you encode
    google movie fixer or divx repair, the latter being free but the first one seems to work better

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com it should help you

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    just completed the scan of the movie file with DIVXFIX and it says ''Scan Complete. All Frames Appear Good.''

what next i ask myself!

shane

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    did u keep the framerate the same as the original?

did u alter the audio rate to 48000 in order for it to stay DVD standard?
    <insert signature here>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I&#39;m not a very big vdub fan..If your source file is good try avi audio decompressor packaged with avi 2 vcd program (don&#39;t use avi 2 vcd to convert it sucks).The file you create with audio decompressor will keep your audio and video together but decompress the audio it will end in pcm(it will be fairly large file don&#39;t worry the audio is decompressed)..I use tmpgenc to convert ..just load the pcm file in tmpgenc and it loads audio and video at the same time..I fined this method easier then the vdub method..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    With the audio out of sync mate if its an xvid you could try changing the 4cc code with a changer to divx or something.With the no audio with tmpg you could increase the directshow on the plugins.Increase it abit then test using source range under the advanced tab.

Options ,environmental settings ,plugins.

4cc changer ,Kazaa lite codec pack.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ace2003k@18 January 2004 - 12:52
    hi
    ive posted about this problem b4&#33; basically im trying to encode OUT OF TIME from AVI to MPEG for dvd player usage, im using TMPGenc for the job but my output file never has any sound even though the sound on the original AVI file is perfect&#33;&#33;&#33; now a fellow boardmember told me to use VIRTUALDUB,extract the audio and try that method using TMPGenc, i did this but then when i went to watch the finished product the audio was all out of synch with the picture&#33;

do i have any other options which could solve this problem? is there a way of making the audio from VIRTUAL DUB match up properly?

any help would be great

thanks
    shane
    TMPGENC doesnt support many popular audio formats.

my advice would be to use something like Cucusoft AVI to VCD DVD Converter Pro. It&#39;s much slower, but processes both audio and video (all popular format combos of both available on kazaa) properly, and so you don&#39;t need to extract audio from source file, thereby avoiding video/audio sync probs. It is very rare to have out-of-sync audio with cucusoft.
    Robert00000