Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney Blatently Against Filesharing

SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, but there is some concern from the p2p point of view, however, the way I look at it, all we gotta tell them if they start getting stupid on us is that if they thought sales were down before..............wait for the hundreds of millions ppl that do share to completely stop buying media. I mean, yeah, so, we share, but how many of us also buy music and movies? I know I do, I buy a lot actually. We already know prices are too high and I suppose one could go to walmart, but who the hell wants music that's been edited for the kiddies?

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    lol this was on tv? what channal? today?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    i agree you americans have the strangest shows
    how stupid is this man. GROW UP DISNEY
    you'll never stop us im sick of everyone pissing
    and moaning about what they hear with the
    closing down of P2P's it will never end
    NEVER I TELL YOU
    if microsoft supports it WE WIN!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Disney is evil. No wonder they killed bambi (or his/her mom).

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    i wanna see this any one got a link
    or anythiong to download

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    i am a pirate, i won't say more that could get me into trouble but dinsey isn't exaggerating with that cartoon, i'm going to be honest, the MAJORITY of what i've seen on other kazza users is copyrighted material hell almost ALL of it is. While disney is over generalizing that all peer to peer sharing is bad (some things are NOT copyrighted you know) disney is for the most part right . I'm not going to deny that many or shall i say most of my fellow p2p pirates break the law and do so knowingly .These companies have a legal right to try and defend themselves against us .In my state we have a company called the warehouse which sells only Music CD's i remeber they were doing just GREAT back 4 , 5 years ago but now they have to close 12 of their 20 stores in my state and its not because everyone stoped listing to popular music. i don't hold it against disney that they are trying to get their point across and neither should you , i wish them the best in this conflict.

p.s i don't buy any type of media whats so ever now .

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    not that much great music coming out these days anyways.. i've bought about 5 cds recently... and when napster came out, music sales went up

and since it has shut down, music sales have gone down..

edit: and o yeah, the topic, disney sucks. they used to have good movies for kids. i obviously don't watch them anymore but from what ads i've seen, many of their new movies look terrible. i mean, treasure planet? wtf? whatever happened to good old bambi and alice in wonderland??

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    You got disney channel? just wait and see I guess...I know I will

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Hey, you can't blame Disney and other companies, if you owned a shop but the guy in the shop next door was stealing your stock and giving it away for nothing, you'd be a bit pissed too!

What we do is wrong, we all know it, but take the chance. So I don't see why we should complain if a company takes steps to protect their interests, we've just got to find ways to stay 1 step in front of them.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@1 March 2003 - 05:47
    Hey, you can't blame Disney and other companies, if you owned a shop but the guy in the shop next door was stealing your stock and giving it away for nothing, you'd be a bit pissed too!

What we do is wrong, we all know it, but take the chance. So I don't see why we should complain if a company takes steps to protect their interests, we've just got to find ways to stay 1 step in front of them.
    I agree totally.....what they should of done years ago was work with us.It is too late now.The RIAA is going against everything alot of us saw when we started this game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast