View Poll Results: What graphics card company do you purchase your cards from?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • nVidia

31 100.00%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Graphics Cards?

SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    HAHAHHAHAHA suck it trebeck lol ATI is in the lead WooT!!!!

hehehehe i love ATI qaulity, speed, and not bad looking boxes mind you...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #112
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    or cards
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #113
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Nvidia is the best when you are looking for a good budget card(like me). But if have alot of money to blow Ati is the way to go.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

4. Software & Hardware   -   #114
    Poster
    Originally posted by Tormentor@21 January 2004 - 05:35
    Nvidia is the best when you are looking for a good budget card(like me). But if have alot of money to blow Ati is the way to go.
    ati's "budget" range is just as good as nVidia's...

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031...-charts-03.html

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #115
    I have to vote ati, just because I know from what I hear, that the high end cards a very impressive.

However, I have had 2 ATi cards, my current being a 9200, and my G force MX 440 out performs it by leaps and bounds on a lot of games, except for those which ofcourse did not support the card. Just like to mention that card because for a budget card it was amazing.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #116
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    my 9600 works so freakin well (wonder what 9700 is capable of...). ATi Definately gets my vote.

i need something clarified though, i heard that ati is a canadian company, is this true? or do they just make the cards in canada (manufacture)?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #117
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    400th post

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #118
    I cant really decide on wich cards are better because i have only had an nvidia card only because i have read that the ati drivers are crap and can be a pain to get going.

I have seen a screenshot of need for speed underground running on each card and i have to say that the ati cards look slightly better in chrome effects but that was just one screenshot anyways.

Also, it depends on who actually puts these cards together. I have always stuck to leadtek nvidia cards.

Wouldnt it be cool if leadtek made ati cards ??

9. Software & Hardware   -   #119
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@21 January 2004 - 00:35
    I cant really decide on wich cards are better because i have only had an nvidia card only because i have read that the ati drivers are crap and can be a pain to get going.

I have seen a screenshot of need for speed underground running on each card and i have to say that the ati cards look slightly better in chrome effects but that was just one screenshot anyways.

Also, it depends on who actually puts these cards together. I have always stuck to leadtek nvidia cards.

Wouldnt it be cool if leadtek made ati cards ??
    I don't know where you have been all year, man?

Anandtech:You’ve been living too perfect of a life if you’ve never used the phrase “it’s been a long day,” and for NVIDIA it has most definitely been a very long day. Just over two weeks ago the graphics industry was shook by some very hard hitting comments from Gabe Newell of Valve, primarily relating to the poor performance of NVIDIA cards under Half Life 2. All of the sudden ATI had finally done what they had worked feverishly for years to do, they were finally, seemingly overnight, crowned the king of graphics and more importantly – drivers. There were no comments on Half Life 2 day about ATI having poor drivers, compatibility problems or anything even remotely resembling discussions about ATI from the Radeon 8500 days.

Half Life 2 day was quickly followed up with all sorts of accusations against NVIDIA and their driver team; more and more articles were published with new discoveries, shedding light on other areas where ATI trounced NVIDIA. Everything seemed to all make sense now; even 3DMark was given the credibility of being the “I told you so” benchmark that predicted Half Life 2 performance several months in advance of September 12, 2003. At the end of the day and by the end of the week, NVIDIA had experienced the longest day they’ve had in recent history.

Some of the more powerful accusations went far beyond NVIDIA skimping on image quality to improve performance; these accusations included things like NVIDIA not really being capable of running DirectX 9 titles at their full potential, and one of the more interesting ones – that NVIDIA only optimizes for benchmarks that sites like AnandTech uses. Part of the explanation behind the Half Life 2 fiasco was that even if NVIDIA improves performance through later driver revisions, the performance improvements are only there because the game is used as a benchmark – and not as an attempt to improve the overall quality of their customers’ gaming experience. If that were true, then NVIDIA’s “the way it’s meant to be played” slogan would have to go under some serious rethinking; the way it’s meant to be benchmarked comes to mind.
    Edit, I wanted to include the source, as he is probably the most respected hardware geek on the internet. Source: clicky

10. Software & Hardware   -   #120
    BANNED
    Originally posted by toddiscool@21 January 2004 - 00:14
    I have to vote ati, just because I know from what I hear, that the high end cards a very impressive.

However, I have had 2 ATi cards, my current being a 9200, and my G force MX 440 out performs it by leaps and bounds on a lot of games, except for those which ofcourse did not support the card. Just like to mention that card because for a budget card it was amazing.
    Isn't the 9200 the first of ATI'S DX9 cards?

By the way, yes they are from Canada

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast