Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok Religion

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Busyman@18 January 2004 - 23:40
    I am a convert from Islam to Christian (nondenomination).

a genuine question busyman.
    if you leave the islamic faith isn't there supposed to be a holy death sentence pronounce on you ? something about if you are not with me then you are against me (please forgive my ignorance in this matter)
    i ask because the topic was raised about imran khans wife when she converted to islam from christianity

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    never did religion will never do

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@19 January 2004 - 01:24
    I've looked at many religions
    From what perspective have you looked, your own which might not be the same as some peoples.

My own of course.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by vidcc+19 January 2004 - 04:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 19 January 2004 - 04:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@18 January 2004 - 23:40
    I am a convert from Islam to Christian (nondenomination).

a genuine question busyman.
    if you leave the islamic faith isn&#39;t there supposed to be a holy death sentence pronounce on you ? something about if you are not with me then you are against me (please forgive my ignorance in this matter)
    i ask because the topic was raised about imran khans wife when she converted to islam from christianity [/b][/quote]
    uh..no
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #25
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    leaving Islam

busyman this might be of interest, i do appreciate that it is more to do with custom, extreme belief and in all honesty doesn&#39;t really apply to most of the followers of Islam.
    it was just something i read about in passing concerning a marriage to the famous cricketer.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Okay..I have studied and read and thought and pondered...Here it goes..well first hopefully some of you read my other post about differnet theories about the exsistence of God that have entered my head...

and for those of you who take the Bible Literally go and Check out theskepticsannotatedbible.com..not spam justa thought provoking site about the bible and God...

I think there is some sentient conciousness above ours...I dont think it really knows/has/experiences feelings like love hate envy etc...like we do..it wouldn&#39;t..couldnt..our emotions derive from our life experiences..being turned down for a date...getiing laid...parties..dissapointment..etc...a being able to create the physical laws of our universe would not have experienced any of this..so we would have a problem comunicating right there...Anytime you give God a human like emotion then thats where I think we go wrong..His "Love" would not be like ours..cancer? Why would he cure your cancer he isnt concerned about your body..just your immortal soul,,,well according to Christians..I dont think he&#39;s concerned about anything. (that we would really ever be able to understand) .concern is an emotion...a HUMAN emotion..God isnt human..ergo his emotions would be drastically different...God is so far above us that in order to fully comprehend him..we would have to become him..and not be human anymore

I believe that the organized religions were made by humans searching for answers and were like blind people trying to determine what an Elephant is without ever hearing what one was...(old analogy..)

So God is for all intents and purposes an Alien..by the very defintion of the word..Not of this world..he was before it therefore not of it...Not human...Alien by the very defintion of the word means not able to be comprehended..

I cant worship something that can&#39;t be comprehended...If i was a Christian and read the Bible and believed all of it..I STILL don&#39;t think i could worship a God that tells David to dash babies heads upon a rock...and has bears kill children for making fun of someones bald head..or says that its okay to stone your kids for talking back to you...FEAR HIM? HELL YES&#33;&#33; worship him? No....

ED

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by vidcc@19 January 2004 - 06:42
    leaving Islam

busyman this might be of interest, i do appreciate that it is more to do with custom, extreme belief and in all honesty doesn&#39;t really apply to most of the followers of Islam.
    it was just something i read about in passing concerning a marriage to the famous cricketer.
    and where is all of this in the Qu&#39;ran?............

It stinks of the same rationale behind the jehad against all Americans.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Divernal Cycle

Morning-adolence-renewel-youth-spring

Afternoon-noon-prime of life maturity-summer

twight noon-falling years,downhill-fall

Night-old age death, dark-winter

It means life starts all over after you die reincarnation :

9. Lounge   -   #29
    imported_computerfreak76
    there is an old saying

if you dont believe in anything, you will fall for everything(which i dont agree with)

i was raised baptist and i went to a baptist church from the time i was a young child until i was 13 or 14. i quit going when i started to doubt the existence of jesus and god.

in my opinion religion was originally created to give people something to live for and to look forward to after death. how many people in the world would want to live and try to live a good life knowing their wasnt anything to look forward to after death?

but i really think people dont want to accept the truth, and the truth being that there is nothing after death, and people cant handle accepting the responsiblities of life on their own and place their lives in "gods" hands, asking "him" for advice and how to live.

but if you want to believe in a god or a religion im all for it, if it can make your life better than what it is now or make you feel like a better person then go for it.

i can see why alot of people turn to religion, it does get depressing knowing that as soon as your born that your going to die and thats all, nothing happening after you die.

honestly i wish my mind wasnt as open as it was and i could be one of these people that have 100% faith in god and heaven and all that nice stuff.

instead im faced with the reality that my existence means nothing and that i will die and that there is nothing after death and that i was born to die.

so ive created my own religion and its called "the jamie&#39;s do whatever makes you happy religion" and its all about being happy, to me happiness is the secret to life, if you cant be happy with your life or what you do in life then there is no point in living at all. so whatever you like to do that makes you happy do it, no matter if this society says its wrong or that person says its wrong. JUST BE HAPPY&#33;. you only get to live once so fuck what anyone else says about you and what you do and just do whatever makes you the happiest.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by computerfreak76@19 January 2004 - 07:14
    there is an old saying

if you dont believe in anything, you will fall for everything(which i dont agree with)

i was raised baptist and i went to a baptist church from the time i was a young child until i was 13 or 14. i quit going when i started to doubt the existence of jesus and god.

in my opinion religion was originally created to give people something to live for and to look forward to after death. how many people in the world would want to live and try to live a good life knowing their wasnt anything to look forward to after death?

but i really think people dont want to accept the truth, and the truth being that there is nothing after death, and people cant handle accepting the responsiblities of life on their own and place their lives in "gods" hands, asking "him" for advice and how to live.

but if you want to believe in a god or a religion im all for it, if it can make your life better than what it is now or make you feel like a better person then go for it.

i can see why alot of people turn to religion, it does get depressing knowing that as soon as your born that your going to die and thats all, nothing happening after you die.

honestly i wish my mind wasnt as open as it was and i could be one of these people that have 100% faith in god and heaven and all that nice stuff.

instead im faced with the reality that my existence means nothing and that i will die and that there is nothing after death and that i was born to die.

so ive created my own religion and its called "the jamie&#39;s do whatever makes you happy religion" and its all about being happy, to me happiness is the secret to life, if you cant be happy with your life or what you do in life then there is no point in living at all. so whatever you like to do that makes you happy do it, no matter if this society says its wrong or that person says its wrong. JUST BE HAPPY&#33;. you only get to live once so fuck what anyone else says about you and what you do and just do whatever makes you the happiest.
    are you depressed?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast