Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok Religion

imported_computerfreak76
    not at all

ive accepted life for what it is and im trying to just be happy

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@18 January 2004 - 14:39
    I don't do religion anymore. I was born and raised a catholic, but when i went to secondary school i started to have doubts.

People were brought in to talk to us about pregnancy and stuff, and their line of argument was "Having a baby out of marriage. Contraception is wrong too"

When asked how we could prevent having babies if we didn't use contraception, this was basically the reply:

"well, you shouldn't have sex outside of marriage anyway. And when you marry, you start a family. Condoms and the pill aren't 100% effective anyway, and it's wrong to deny a chance of life"

I just thought that in this day and age, teaching kids NOT to use contraception and such things is wrong. AND i was born out of wedlock so i am a bad person in the eyes of the lord.

I will beleive in God if he does something nice for me. Maybe a pay rise or something.
    I too was born and raised Catholic. I agree with what you say. But now this religion stuff is too bogus for me. Whenever the "invisible guy" make an appearance, then I'll start believing.

If God knows everything, then he knew that 911 was going to happen thousands of years before it happened. What did God do as it happened? Sit back and watch? No hard feelings, he had plenty of time to prepare himself for the show. It wasn't like he didn't know the outcome.

Anyone can create a religion. Get enough gullible people for long enough time, the religion becomes real. The Reverend Jim Jones did a fine job.

Search Yahoo for Farting Preacher. Who is this guy? God actually speaks to him saying that he needs people to donate $1,000.00 to his church.

In my opinion, religion served its purpose when it was needed when no explanations of the worldly forces were available, before modern research. Religion was also a good excuse to keep the people good, away from criminal activity. The Catholic church was, and is, run like a government.

It can take one second for God to save a cancer patient, or many months of medical treatment from trained doctors. I have yet seen God jump into action and save a person or child. The Bible talks of such occurrences, but nothing has surfaced these days, when needed.

Listen to George Carlin's view on religion. He does make sense.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    I've been a muslim from birth.I did'nt know much about my religion even though I studied and still studying in an Islamic School (Madrasah) untill I finally taken the initiative to read about religion (mine and others). Of course i've read my religion first and then others,like Christianity and Judaism,I still have much to read about other religions like budhism and hinduism and so on.But right now,i'm satisfied with my religion,not because I was born a muslim but it was because i've read about it and from what i've read and researched, Islam is a logical religion for me . There are so many interpretions of Islam by many people both musims and non-muslims,but to me I like to take the moderate way and not the most lenient nor the strictest of em all like the Prophet said in one of his Hadith "Those who are strict in following the religion can never follow it correctly" and btw in replyance(is there such a word?) to the one who said "that if one get's out of islam one shall face a death penalty and said that it is in the koran" is wrong,it is even said in the Koran "There shall be NO compulsion in religion ,truth stands out from wrong..." and"If God had wished,all people on earth would have become beleivers,will you (Muhammad) then compel all people to become beleivers?" 10:99.Maybe you were talking about the hadith witch says to wage war against those who apostate,scholars differ on the meaning of the arabic word of it,some say it means those who leaves Islam others say those who are treacherous in peace deals or such.

Oh yeah to those who wants to understand Islam more further,search for a book in your local community library which has the title" Understanding the Quran Themes and Styles" by Muhammad Abdel Haleem,it helped me understand Islam more I hope It'll help you.

Peace

4. Lounge   -   #34
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I always believed there was nothing after death. Then I read about this.

I still question a lot, but this kinda makes sense to me.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by computerfreak76@19 January 2004 - 07:27
    Sounds good, accepting what you have and working for happiness is much better than fighting with what you have and constanly being unhappy.

If God knows everything, then he knew that 911 was going to happen thousands of years before it happened. What did God do as it happened? Sit back and watch? No hard feelings, he had plenty of time to prepare himself for the show. It wasn't like he didn't know the outcome.
    So you blame god or you don't believe in him and this is how you justify it. Either way god is a concept that not many people on this planet understand, it could be argued that 911 happened because it was meant to, maybe to teach us about the preciousness of human life, maybe it was to teach us about suffering and why we should want to escape it. Trying to understand these actions i don't think is for us, what i believe humans should do is try to lead there lives as best as they can, whether by following a set of religious precepts or by helping the needy, or by trying to escape suffering. In doing this you create good karma, this may help you in this life or if you believe in it your next.
    Wiz.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i sometimes think that religion gives people some sort of hope that life can be better than what it is now , and that as long as you follow certain rules you will end up somewhere better than here

personally i think life has no point - that there isnt gonna be a heaven or hell nor anything like reincarnation

life sux but you just gotta go through it no matter what
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

7. Lounge   -   #37
    there is a difference between a religion and a personal belief that you hold and live by....

ED

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    well then my religion is the * personal belief religion*

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+19 January 2004 - 19:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 @ 19 January 2004 - 19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-computerfreak76@19 January 2004 - 07:27
    Sounds good, accepting what you have and working for happiness is much better than fighting with what you have and constanly being unhappy.

If God knows everything, then he knew that 911 was going to happen thousands of years before it happened. What did God do as it happened? Sit back and watch? No hard feelings, he had plenty of time to prepare himself for the show. It wasn&#39;t like he didn&#39;t know the outcome.
    So you blame god or you don&#39;t believe in him and this is how you justify it. Either way god is a concept that not many people on this planet understand, it could be argued that 911 happened because it was meant to, maybe to teach us about the preciousness of human life, maybe it was to teach us about suffering and why we should want to escape it. Trying to understand these actions i don&#39;t think is for us, what i believe humans should do is try to lead there lives as best as they can, whether by following a set of religious precepts or by helping the needy, or by trying to escape suffering. In doing this you create good karma, this may help you in this life or if you believe in it your next. [/b][/quote]
    I already know how prescious life is....

no more lessons for me thanks...should we all shoot ourself in the foot so we can appreciate what it feels like to get shot? Is that Gods logic?

ED

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    if you believe in good karma and bad karma do you believe in reincarnatiion ?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast